Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
...just back for a bit to catch up...
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here saw MTV Diary: Gideon Yago's Diary On Kuwait? If you did, then you'll know what im talking about, if you didn't then just watch it to see where im coming from....

....that documentary that aired tonight on MTV (03/10/03 @ 10pm) furthermore proved my point that the US is trying to do good for the world. That we are NOT power hungry @$$holes, that we are NOT a threat to the world, and that the US is here for the common good of the world. The documentary showed kuwait in a post-gulf war. it displayed how everything is better now that the US had stepped in to stop iraq's invading army. On that note, it also showed our boys (US MARINES) out there in the freezing cold/sweltering heat desert, defending this country from future possible attacks either by saddam, al-queada or any form of terrorism! it pisses me off that i have to sit here while my boys are getting ready. it also pisses me off that my own country men, who live in their plush homes, drive around in the BMW's and mercedes, sit there and bitch about how we shouldn't goto war. it further pisses me off that im about to risk my life to defend a country who don't even support their own president and his actions! in conclusion, to all you sean penn wannabe's....F##K YOU!....when the 24th of march roles around, im going to defend my country as a United States Marine.

HOORAH!

·
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i want to strike, but the goddamn UN is in the way! damn UN, always ruining the fun for the entire world

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I hear you bro, I live on the west coast so when I saw your thread it was still on so I am watching it right now. I think we already talked, pm, about it but I was in the Corps and did see some real world, and yea I've been to Kuwait before. Your feelings are the same as mine. Good luck and we'll be thinking and praying, not only for you, but the rest of the troops defending this great country of ours. Good luck, God speed and Semper Fidelis!

HOORAH!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Let me send you some disposable cameras, and take some pics, and I'll post some on the board for all of us. Let me know what you think. Oh, and dont worry postage is free when your in Kuwait. hehe EEERR

·
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MAD piranhas said:
good luck, by the time you get there they probably will have two or three wars going on. happy hunting.
MAD
hehehe....probably......

....war with iraq
....war with n. korea
....mass land invasion into france

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
That was the best Diary I've ever seen. It showed it exactly how it is, and I can strong relate to all those guys. Much respect goes out to them.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Im sorry i missed it, however its not like we need the UN to say yes or no, if we wanted to we could just do it.

Edit: I served my time in the Air Force ... well sorta,
anywhoo i did that, and i will stand for my country now, and then. I must say, " USMC*sPiKeY* " damn jar head
just playing.

I spent three weeks at the naval base with the navy seals in San Diego, and damn those boys train, as us air men sat down and played video games

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
GARGOYLE said:
damn fly boys. hehe
bite me

Ahh all i did was train, mainly for SAR and other things like that. If i was still around and enrolled id be working with nasa IE helping or picking up crap. but im done with my time. I would still join the air foce again if it came up.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
USMC*sPiKeY* said:
....that documentary that aired tonight on MTV (03/10/03 @ 10pm) furthermore proved my point that the US is trying to do good for the world.
MTV and objective media

man, it's a sad thing when people use rubbish like MTV to back-up their ideas about real-world affairs... MTV doesn't have a clue about the world's current events, it is biased and in general just plain pathetic. Let them do what they're good at: sucking up at celebrities, and showing off their cool and interesting connections with the rich and the famous, but please stay out of actual world affairs....

Sorry Spikey, nothing personal: I'm just not such a great MTV fan

·
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Judazzz said:
USMC*sPiKeY* said:
....that documentary that aired tonight on MTV (03/10/03 @ 10pm) furthermore proved my point that the US is trying to do good for the world.
MTV and objective media

man, it's a sad thing when people use rubbish like MTV to back-up their ideas about real-world affairs... MTV doesn't have a clue about the world's current events, it is biased and in general just plain pathetic. Let them do what they're good at: sucking up at celebrities, and showing off their cool and interesting connections with the rich and the famous, but please stay out of actual world affairs....

i understand juda...rarely do i use MTV as a form of back-up for my ideas, but the documentray DID display how everything went well for the kuwaiti's and it did display how the US Armed Forces, US marines in particular do not just want to go in and bomb the living $#!t out of the iraqi's...we just want to do our jobs and go home to our families

(quote by bobme) USMC*sPiKeY* " damn jar head just playing.
(quote by jearbear) Its leatherneck to you banana man.
same difference

Im sorry i missed it, however its not like we need the UN to say yes or no, if we wanted to we could just do it.

Edit: I served my time in the Air Force ... well sorta, anywhoo i did that, and i will stand for my country now, and then. I must say, " USMC*sPiKeY* " damn jar head just playing.

I spent three weeks at the naval base with the navy seals in San Diego, and damn those boys train, as us air men sat down and played video games
congrats for making it out of the airforce, but something does bother me....why stand up for your country 'NOW'? why wouldn't you stand up for it weeks back or years back?.....AND yes, navy seals do train harder than an ordinary marine so i give my props to them....i don't think i could stand 3 hours standing in freezing cold water, but when the time comes for me to do so, i'll stay in the freezing water for 4, just so that i can say i stayed in longer than a navy seal

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Judazzz said:
USMC*sPiKeY* said:
MTV and objective media

Thank goodness somebody agrees with me. MTV olny wants to portray themselves as the 'cool liberal' to gather more viewers. I find it disgusting.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
USMC*sPiKeY* said:
i understand juda...rarely do i use MTV as a form of back-up for my ideas, but the documentray DID display how everything went well for the kuwaiti's and it did display how the US Armed Forces, US marines in particular do not just want to go in and bomb the living $#!t out of the iraqi's...we just want to do our jobs and go home to our families
I agree it's nice to see how daily life for all those American soldiers in the Gulf is (hard to fathom for the likes of me...), and for that purpose, MTV is all right, I guess. And your arguments are valid too.
But they should stay far away from political issues, since they don't have a clue what they're talking about

And I must also admit that MTV does have a few cool shows: I mean, Beavis and Butthead are legendary, Tom Greene was fun in his time (not anymore, though), the Osbournes are pretty amusing to watch from time to time, and Jackass often had me nearly crap my pants laughing

But apart from those shows, MTV sucks and should die

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.