Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,881 Posts
You are going to have to take all of the water out of the tank (so that of course means the fish too :laugh: ), and then you are going to need help from your friends or somebody to help you move it to it's new location. A 180 gallon tank will have a tremendous weight even when empty...but I'm sure you already know that.

As long as you preserve your biological filter media (keep submersed in stable temperatured water during the move), you won't have to save any of the tank water.

Good luck!

~Taylor~

*Topic Moved to Tank and Equipment Forum*

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
You are going to have to take all of the water out of the tank (so that of course means the fish too :laugh: ), and then you are going to need help from your friends or somebody to help you move it to it's new location. A 180 gallon tank will have a tremendous weight even when empty...but I'm sure you already know that.

As long as you preserve your biological filter media (keep submersed in stable temperatured water during the move), you won't have to save any of the tank water.

Good luck!

~Taylor~

*Topic Moved to Tank and Equipment Forum*

·
LionHart
13,099 Posts
Rent a refrigerator dolly for like $10 and strap it snugly (Not tightly) and you can wheel it around with relative ease.

Just be careful to not tighten the strap too tight or you'll risk popping the glass or weakening the seams.

This is the method I've used for all my large tanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.