Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im moving in a month. so i need info on how to move p's and tank safely.
this is the plan. take all equipment out and place in a rubber maid.take at least 30-50 gallons of the cycled water and placed in 10 gallon rubbermaids. move the tank. then off to the new house. drop cycled water into the tank. then add fresh water to make up the balance. then drop the fish in. know i have a few questions.
is 30-50 gallons of water from the cycled water enough?
how long should i wait before i drop the p's in the new tank water?
how long will they live in the container.i have a portable air pump that will work for 30 hours at a time. well let me know if i am missing somthing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
that rubber maid idea sounds awsome. When i move I think i just might steal your idea!! I think the paln looks great so far. When i mived my fish from my 30 gallon to my 55 gallon. I just put my fish in a zip lock bag with the top open. I would put a little water in the bag from the tank. I did this every 10 min. for a half hour. I then poured the fish into the tank. it worked for me.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
One thing to remember, do not feed them like 2 days before the move. If you feed them, then they will produce waste in the bucket. If you are afraid they will attack each other, purchase containters with holes in them, then seperate each fish in one container. Put those 3 containers with fish in the rubbermaid container, so they'll have water to be in and you won't have to worry about them biting each other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts