Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,514 Posts
i was just thinking it might be interesting to do a Q&A with the mods or members.

like open a thread for a week or so so that members can interview mods..

or maybe just a one time thing for xenon for like a behind the scenes of p-fury..

OR just have someone interview various members and have it linked off the front page of the forum..

·
DSFR FF3922
5,021 Posts
lol, the mods arnt celebritys or experts, they are just members with the ability to close/move topics...

"so hyphen, tell us about the time you closed that thread in the lounge!"

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
i was just thinking it might be interesting to do a Q&A with the mods or members.

like open a thread for a week or so so that members can interview mods..

or maybe just a one time thing for xenon for like a behind the scenes of p-fury..

OR just have someone interview various members and have it linked off the front page of the forum..
Start it up, I wouldnt mind participating.

·
Indianapolis Football
12,187 Posts
I like drinking Jack Daniels and long walks on the beach

·
10,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xenon, croc thanks for understanding what im talking about

i put some more thought into this and i think the best approach may be to make it more like a maga zine interview so i will make a list of questions and just email it to who ever would like to participate and they can take however long to answer and then we can review and post it..

i will need a couple days to come up with the questions and will post back here when im ready..

·
^word
4,324 Posts
I think its not a very good idea. If you do not know who you want to make a mod then they shouldn't be a mod. After being on the site as long as most are, you should be able to have a good feel for how they post and how they would react to a situation. Like Devon said, its not like they are experts or professionals, they are just level-headed, well-informed and educated fish keepers that are responsible and trustworthy enough to give out information to members and control the unruly ones.

·
10,514 Posts
Like Devon said, its not like they are experts or professionals, they are just level-headed, well-informed and educated fish keepers that are responsible and trustworthy enough to give out information to members and control the unruly ones.
dont you ever wonder what other peoples motivations are to learn about hobbies? or what there other hobbies may or may not be? or ever consider what it would be like to be in mikes situation starting this site jsut to share info and it become a giant extremely informative online community with a life of its own and how the evolution of the site has impacted mike?

these are the types of questions i had in mind and considering how much the site has grown we have many new members that havent really seen the evolution of the site or had much interaction with many of the adimns or mods, yeah there are alot of us that have been on teh site longer then some mods or that have known some mods since before they got there volentary positions or why they choose to give there time for the site..

maybe it wont be interesting but if people are willing to participate then why not give it a shot, might produce some interesting perspective

btw ill use spell check

·
^word
4,324 Posts
Oh wait, Nismo, I think I may have misunderstood you. I thought you were doing this more as applications for becoming a mod, rather than just and enlightening survey.

·
10,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh wait, Nismo, I think I may have misunderstaned you. I thought you were doing this more as applications for becoming a mod, rather than just and enlightening survey.
HAHAHAHAHAH

you thought its an "interview" hahahahahaha

sorry maybe i should call it moderator Q&A

·
^word
4,324 Posts
Lol I retract my previous statment :laugh:

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
lol, the mods arnt celebritys or experts, they are just members with the ability to close/move topics...

I dont think anyone is suggesting moderators are celebrities...however your characterisation of them and what they offer the site is way off, and actually shows why this might be a good idea.
We have some moderators that I dont feel get the respect they deserve...maybe having the membership get to know them better would do a lot toward an understanding of their position on the site and what motivates them to give their time to a bunch of fish people.

·
DSFR FF3922
5,021 Posts

I dont think anyone is suggesting moderators are celebrities...however your characterisation of them and what they offer the site is way off, and actually shows why this might be a good idea.
We have some moderators that I dont feel get the respect they deserve...maybe having the membership get to know them better would do a lot toward an understanding of their position on the site and what motivates them to give their time to a bunch of fish people.
[/quote]
The moderators are a "bunch of fish people" themselves...

Members who by posting good, sensible posts earned the trust of the owners of this site.

I respect them just like i would respect anyone else.

·
tap or snap
11,899 Posts

[/quote]

Members who by posting good, sensible posts earned the trust of the owners of this site.

[/quote]

i don't think i posted well in the past. if anything, i caused a lot of trouble on the site in several areas. at any rate, it's a neat idea and i'm willing to participate.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts

Im including myself in the "fish people" category. I think you are misunderstanding my point. The roll moderators play on this site is much more important then "moving/closing topics". Their advice on the direction of the site is critical to our success. They are picked not only because they are knowledgeable in the areas they moderate, but their ability to problem solve board and member issues, react to situations in a rational manner, and have shown they can gain the respect of their peers. So to characterize them as glorified thread movers couldnt be farther from the truth....that all I was pointing out.

·
DSFR FF3922
5,021 Posts

Im including myself in the "fish people" category. I think you are misunderstanding my point. The roll moderators play on this site is much more important then "moving/closing topics". Their advice on the direction of the site is critical to our success. They are picked not only because they are knowledgeable in the areas they moderate, but their ability to problem solve board and member issues, react to situations in a rational manner, and have shown they can gain the respect of their peers. So to characterize them as glorified thread movers couldnt be farther from the truth....that all I was pointing out.

[/quote]
Cool, yes i get your point

1 - 20 of 22 Posts