Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious if anyone has a rough idea? obviously rb's are the most prevalent, and then probably the other pygos since they can be schoaled. what about serras and the more obscure species? i would think rhoms/blacks, then what? just curious.

what about on this website? someone tally everything up

pt

now that i think about it, price $$$ on the various online retailers would probably be the best indicator.

pt

·
Registered
416 Posts
name='primetime3wise' post='1731764' date='Dec 1 2006, 07:55 AM']
just curious if anyone has a rough idea? obviously rb's are the most prevalent, and then probably the other pygos since they can be schoaled. what about serras and the more obscure species? i would think rhoms/blacks, then what? just curious.

what about on this website? someone tally everything up

pt

now that i think about it, price $$$ on the various online retailers would probably be the best indicator.

pt
[/quote]

to anyone who saw the retarded post that was on here sorry. my friend decided it was a good idea to be an ass and make me look like an iddiot!

brian

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
id say in aquariums it would also be reds/caribe, cos they seem to be the first P people get..........................

id say the most popular serra has to be thr rhom..................

·
Registered
400 Posts
Id say red bellied piranhas, i.e 'Pygocentrus piraya, caribe, nattereri', iv found these to be very hardy fish which can take alot of changes. But then again iv only kept this species of p. fish (first and only species which iv kept to
) so i really dont know...

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
Pygocentrus nattereri (red bellies) are definitely the most common Pygo in the piranha world. There are a ton in captivity, since they breed so easily, and even more in the wild.

Serrasalmus rhombeus is the most common Serra as a pet, since they are easily captured in the wild because they are so common in South America.
~Taylor~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts