Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· RHoM L0V3R
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Topic says it all. I am going to a have a 40g open soon and was wondering what small fish 1-3 inches are the easiest to breed.
1. Guppies
2. Convicts
3. ?
4. ?
and so on

· Registered
2,647 Posts
i bread danio's before, involves little to no effort at all...

· WWTCD?
8,963 Posts
I would say guppies for the ease of it.

What I would suggest is this for a 40g... Get about 30-40 females and then about 10 males or so. And make sure they are well fed. Then, make sure the tank is VERY heavily planted, with lots of places for the babies to hide. The busier and denser the plants, the better.

Then watch the magic happen.

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Mettle said:
I would say guppies for the ease of it.

What I would suggest is this for a 40g... Get about 30-40 females and then about 10 males or so. And make sure they are well fed. Then, make sure the tank is VERY heavily planted, with lots of places for the babies to hide. The busier and denser the plants, the better.

Then watch the magic happen.
[snapback]839568[/snapback]​
That tank would be stocked to the highest level, It would not work out at all.
Guppies while being precieved as a fish that is prolific are not once they reach the point of overpopulation.

I'm guessing this is again a post of someone thinking they can Breed there own feeders. Keep wishing as you will fail to do so sucessfully. Its not worth the time and effort to the average hobbyist.

· Registered
1,169 Posts
Polypterus said:
I'm guessing this is again a post of someone thinking they can Breed there own feeders. Keep wishing as you will fail to do so sucessfully. Its not worth the time and effort to the average hobbyist.
[snapback]847595[/snapback]​
I concur. You will spend far more money and energy maintaining them than you will ever get back in free feeders.

-PK

· Registered
486 Posts
That tank would be stocked to the highest level, It would not work out at all.
Guppies while being precieved as a fish that is prolific are not once they reach the point of overpopulation.

...thanks for clearing that up... cuz ive always wondered about that, as im sure most people do at some point

· Registered
48 Posts
I think that bettas are the easiest to breed. I've actually done it myself, just couldn't raise the fry. All you have to do is get a male, and a female and throw them in a tank. Make sure to give the female some hidings spaces so she doesn't get killed by the male.

· joey'd is da man
11,920 Posts
zebra danios are the easiest fish to breed - put 10 in a tropical tank and leave them for 2 weeks remove them and wait for the eggs to hatch

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.