Piranhas Forum banner
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
If you guys are gonna talk about sharks, you can't overlook the Bull Shark.
It has way more attacks per year then a Great White Shark. They have the same amount on testosterone as a full grown male African Elephant (And They're only about 8-10 feet long). Meaning they bite sh*t all the time just because they want to.

·
Registered
230 Posts
some may feel this unfair to the question since only a zoo could accomodate one BUT it is the meanest fish I've ever seen in freshwater. the Bull shark is capable of living in freshwater for years at a time. they come from the ocean thru various rivers and have lived in a few lakes causing quite the fatalities. they account for the most attacks on humans of any shark species. theyre home is in water less than 6 feet deep, they often dont see the prey rather attack anything in under 6feet of which which they sense moving. at 12 feet long and 500lbs 1 bite can be fatal even to a hippopotamus. theyre all over the world from africa, asia, to america and beyond. this is quoted from wikipedia on the species

Diet
The bull shark has a carnivorous diet, and it will eat almost anything that comes in its way, like fishes, including other sharks, rays, dolphins, turtles, birds, molluscs, echinoderms, crustaceans and even terrestrial mammals.

[edit]
Behavior
Bull sharks are mostly sluggish, solitary animals who cruise through shallow waters. They seem not to view humans as prey under normal conditions, but will bite out of curiosity or when threatened, or in water where visibility is poor and a human might easily be mistaken for a prey animal. Despite their apparent docility at times, they are capable of surprising bursts of speed, and can be highly aggressive. Often, they will charge their prey in an attempt to knock out the victim, hence the name "bull". Their aggression is fueled by testosterone, the bull shark having one of the highest testosterone levels of all animals. Like all sharks, their behavior is poorly understood and can seem unpred

·
I will bite your face!
7,716 Posts
What I find funny is how they allways say that humans are accidentally biten. Because it "Mistook" us for prey. I think people just don't like the idea that theres something that looks at us like we are food.

·
Registered
24,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·

·
Registered
327 Posts
i think the most aggressive fish ever is the cookie-cutter shark. i saw on animal planet that the damn thing took a hunk out of a nuklear sub and it had to go ashore like two months early. apparently they feed on whales and they just bite sh*t for the fun of biting!

·
Registered
327 Posts
they attack fish ten, even fifteen times their own size! they even use themselves as bait. the funny thing is they max out at around two and 1/2 feet

·
Registered
177 Posts
My most aggressive fish was a little male golden molly that chased, nipped and terrorized everybody in the tank. Angelfish and gouramis come in close second and third. Oh, my betta too I guess but I took those guppies out after he wouldn't stop chasing them.

I forgot to mention that I have three rbps and an african butterfly fish. But that molly tops them.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts