Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to get some red bellies or caribe for a few months now. It's a pain as Aqua Scape is a ripoff, Shark Aquarium won't sell cause I'm in Florida, and I tried getting some from a guy in MI and he shipped them in a cooler all together with no heat- DOA of course.

Whats the most aggressive cichlids out there? Green Terrors? They look amazing.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I usually don't bother with these types of threads, but neither JDs or GTs are overly aggressive.
There is no "most aggressive" cichlid, but most people mention Umbee, Dovii, Butti, Jag, RD as among the more aggressive fish.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The meat eating ones lol. I forgot which is which when it comes to A or SA cichlids.

And how come it seems that nearly every large cichlid I've seen has that growth on his face? I had an oscar for a while and it had it too.

·
Cannonfruit!!!1!!1!11!
12,264 Posts
Do you mean the "nuchal hump"? Those generally show the virility of a male, and females are often more attracted to males with larger humps (contrary to what has been said by a "convict expert" LOL on this site).

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
Top of the pile when it comes to aggressive Big cichlids.
Umbee, Trimac, Dovii, Buttokoffi, Flowerhorns, Black Nasty(Nandopsis haitiensis), Red devil, Midas.
Jags are mean but the above listed IMO are meaner.

Sm/Med cichlids
5 star general, Convict , Jewels, Green Terror

·
Cannonfruit!!!1!!1!11!
12,264 Posts
5-star general?

·
Cannonfruit!!!1!!1!11!
12,264 Posts
Never heard it called that before, but I agree with the assessment that the hemichromines are often evil little bastards and bitches. I've seen Jewels overcrowded in the stores that took time away from attacking each other to come after me. I wouldn't be surprised if some store employees actually refused to put their hands near tanks of Hemichromises.

·
Registered
524 Posts
pound per pound Dovii and Red devils/Midas is your best bet!!! Although dovii for the most part will take time and patience for it to show its true nature, But once its fully confident in its surrounding its aggression is far worst than midas/red devils. There territory even extends outside the tank.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts