Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently was involved with the Ohio Group Buy from George. Myself and a few others purchased 3 boxes of fish. I got 2 Piraya and 2 Cariba of similar sizes around 3 to 4 inches. They arrived wonderfully and I cannot wait to get some more. My Cariba though are really not as impressive to me. I have a highly aquascaped aquarium with many little hiding spots and the Cariba definitaly take advantage of them. The Piraya on the other hand seem to gravitate all over the place and are very active. Will any of this change?

Joey

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
i got a caribe from george recently. really recently. he's about five and a half inches and he's the best little fish! totally active. swims everywhere. he's a great looking specimen who loves to eat his face off and mix it up with the other fish. he'll chase them away from his plant, fight them for food, get in their turf, etc. he's an out of control little beast. he's growing like a weed too. maybe yours will get more bold as they grow. i'm expecting great things from mine in the future.

·
Registered
197 Posts
the two caribes i got from George are definately active and they also bully around my other 2 pygo nats that are in there with them and get this, the caribes are about 1'' smaller than the natts. i fed them some shrimp today and one of the caribes took most of the shrimp(which is about as big as he was) and gulped it down with exception of a small piece that was cut off by its razor chompers. the other caribe instantly grabbed the other piece that was floating towards the bottom before the natts had a chance to get it. i try to feed the natts the same amount but for some reason they don't seem to eat as much. i keep them exercised with that 700 gph pump and it seems to increase their hunger a little.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
Good to hear man. The piraya (1eyed) I got is about half the size of the reds, but he swims alittle more then they do. But 80% of the day he sits next to a plant (he has a right eye, plant on the left) for security reasons, but lately he'll attack and chase away the reds. It's kinda funny.

I can't decide which guys I like better, cariba or piraya, both of them are nice though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.