Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you're supposed to give your plants a rest between photoperiods, but I'm intrigued by moonlights, and am thinking of getting some. Do people in general find they have more difficulty controlling algae if they have moonlights on between regular photoperiods? Are there any drawbacks to having moonlights running on a planted tank?

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I am running moonlights on both of my planted tanks and thus far no issues that I wasnt already having with the normal lighting (little hair algae in one tank that just keeps popping up once in a while).

Really, overall I am very pleased with my moonlights and they are becoming even more readily available now. I know of a few other people who use them in planted tanks as well with no adverse effects. It is really such a small amount of light that I doubt it does much in terms of aiding the plants in photosynthesis, etc. It is really more for asthetic purposes or seeing the night life in your aquarium.

Good luck with getting them and such!

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
LED moonlighting has 0 effect on plants positivly or negitivly. the spectrum of color they produce is useless to most plants.

I have a bar of them I made above my 75 gal. looks great and the plants are doign fine in there.

·
Registered
848 Posts
LED moonlighting has 0 effect on plants positivly or negitivly. the spectrum of color they produce is useless to most plants.

I have a bar of them I made above my 75 gal. looks great and the plants are doign fine in there.
ya what he said. Mine also has 0 problems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.