Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a huge pleco? like 12"+ with their red bellies, i was given a huge pleco about 12" and i figured i'de add it to my tank and as long as he's got hiding spots, im hoping he wont get bothered.

i currrently have a little pleco with my 5 rbp's and don't have a scratch on him

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Might be o.k.

A 12" if your reds are much smaller will probually o.k.

I had a 15" with some for a long time.Im not big on plecos, just personal opionion.

·
Oh, SNAP!
3,806 Posts
I used to have an 8-9" royal pleco and he stood up against my 5-6" caribes pretty well, he would even chase them iafter they tried to attack him. But he got sick and died

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
I have a 14-15"er with my monsters. No hiding spots and have lived there for almost a yr now.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I had a 12" in with my natt's for a long time but gave him away. Since then I've had an 8" common in there, with absolutely zero hiding places.

Neither of them has experienced even the slightest bit of damage, sometimes the 8"er even swims around with the p's, I'll try to get a pic next time.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i have an 8 incher and some times he has nipps out of his fins but nothing serious. not to attached to it though, i know one day that big fuker will get it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts