Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the survival rate of a small shoal of rbp's would be if they were mixed with a similar size shoal of caribeP? Would they just be killed of right away or would they tend to get along fine? Also, if I have a rhom that's only a couple inches (2") then will it be possible to put him in a large aquarium with some larger rbps? I know they are supposedly aren't supposed to be mixed, but how could the 2" rhom kill off a 6" rbp? also, the rbp's will outnumber him 6:1.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Do not mix your rhom with rbp.... Rhom might not be able to kill your large rbp but rbp could seriously harm him. Your rhom will bug rbp soon as he gets used to his surroundings. and mixing caribe with red bellies should be just fine.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Mughal said:
I know they are supposedly aren't supposed to be mixed, but how could the 2" rhom kill off a 6" rbp? also, the rbp's will outnumber him 6:1.
[snapback]927855[/snapback]​
Doesn't that say something right there? I'd be more worried about the nattereris eating him than the other way around.

As for mixing the two pygo shoals, at 2" the chance of cannibalism is pretty high, so you may want to wait. Once they are around 3 or 4" you could try mixing them. I wouldn't expect any interspecies aggression, however.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Some say cariba need an extra 5-10 gallons per fish compared to red-belly. Mine definetly have some serious battles, when I bought my cariba he was stocked with reds in the same tank at Shark Aquarium.

Heres a pic of my cariba... I got him 2 months ago at George's.

EDIT: DO NOT mix species, Pygos with Pygos and Serras with Serras. I.E RHOM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts