Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have 2 RBPs in a 75 gallon right now, but I finally saw a RBP at the petstore that might work, and isn't overpriced. Theres one I want to get that is about 8 inches I would guess, and mine are now 6 inches (just measured yesterday). So, I know that you should mix the tank decor around, do a water change, and then re-introduce all of the fish at the same time. Anyone have much success doing this? Thanks, James.

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
6 and 8" are the that much different..go for it. you really need 3 or more in a tank for pygo which 3 is perfect number for your 75g for life in there. you have the right ideas...rearrange decoration, do a water change and then reintroduce all the same time.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
3 is a perfect amount a specimens for that size tank

when introducing a new piranha to the shoal...you MUST FEED THEM before the new piranha comes in...
as to 2p2f stated...redec....the tank so you won't have problems with their territory, DO a waterchange witch IMO is not that needed but you may for them to fell for cometable together......

good luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, that makes me feel way better. He is only 25 bucks, and looks pretty good. Do you think that putting some feeders in there so hopefully they take their agression out on those instead of eachother for awhile would be a good idea?

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Cool, that makes me feel way better. He is only 25 bucks, and looks pretty good. Do you think that putting some feeders in there so hopefully they take their agression out on those instead of eachother for awhile would be a good idea?
feeders arnt ever a "Good" thing to feed p's, they could be full of parasites and diseas's and what not...try tossing in some molly's or danio's...just to help you out, only do it this once...there shouldnt really be any aggression either because the big guy will be introduced into the 2 other p's home, thus making it they're territory so they should own the big guy...once they all get settled in and all it should be fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts