Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im setting up my 120 at the end of may and my plan is to put in my 2 3" RBPs that are about 3 months old and adding 8-10 little guys, around .5-1 inch. The bigger ones will be removed from the 55 gallon they are in and put into a brand new tank. Should I expect to lose a few little ones or will they be okay because they are (hopefully) close enough in size and in a new environment with ass loads of room? thanks a lot.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
With your tank demensions, you can actually keep all 8 little guys until they've matured into monsters!! Also, this would help them cope with one another especially growing together in the same tank!!

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i would add the little ones to the big tank and add the 3 '' ones after a month or so to get the smaller p's to add size feeding them a few times a day would help them do this quickly.
the difference between 3 1/2 or 4'' to 2'' is a lot better than 3'' to upto 1'' on the survivability scale imo
dixon

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
would it be a good idea maybe to divide the tank? i may be able to grow the little ones in the 55, but I'm planning on setting up a native tank in that. that seems to always be my problem, not enough tanks...

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
rday said:
would it be a good idea maybe to divide the tank? i may be able to grow the little ones in the 55, but I'm planning on setting up a native tank in that. that seems to always be my problem, not enough tanks...
you can always divide the tank, just pick up a divider from your local LFS, Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.