Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a long while i had my leoaprd gecko in a 4' by himself, and my new sandfish skinks sepaerate. Now they're together and are fine. I know its not reccommended, but they barely even see eachother, and if they did the skinks bury themsleves and its fine.

Now i'm wondering if a hognose would also co-exist, it also buries itslef, and i can't see it being injured, or injuring the lg or sf.

What do you think?

· ~ATLANTA BRAVES~
15,116 Posts
Do you not have enough room to house another herp? I would not take the risk of housing these together. If you cant properly house each of these animals I would suggest not risking their lives by mixing them.

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have the space...just about. The sandfish were in a 40g, the lg in a random 4'. They have been fine so far, i can always move them at the first sign theres something wrong. The sandfish spend most of the time buried, and can hide away from the lg anyway.
Like i said, i can take him out again. The wesatern hognose lives in similar conditions, and i dout could swallow them. It was just an idea, i won't try it.

· WWTCD?
8,963 Posts
If the hognose can't eat the sandfish or leopard gecko due to it's small size, expect it to be killed by them.

I would recommend separating the leopard gecko and sandfish anyway. But that's just me.

I'm of the philosophy that if you can't properly, separately, house your herps it's time to cut the size of the collection...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.