Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I currently have two 4-5" reds in a 33 long. Im lookn high and low for a 100+ gallon tank so I can move these guys. I went to the local store and they have three 4-5" caribes in a 25 gallon tank wtf! Selling them for $29 a piece. I know if I get them its going to be too much for my 33 gallon tank but damn thats a deal and these guys are already in a small tank. They are sweet lookn fish though no nipped fins at all which kinda surprised me. So is that over board for my tank? Even if its for a 2 months? I plan on getting a much larger tank like I said 100+ gallons. Thanks

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
a week tops man for 5 4-5" reds & caribe. 2 months is too long IMO . but hey man ive seen worse maybe just grab one of thoes caribe. couse i know 2 a bad number for piranhas from what i understand one will killl the other. so yeah try and get a tank man the faster you get the 100 the faster you can grab thoes caribe!. peace dairy

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
caribe would be a great addition to a shoal for you...you could house them in that small of a tank for a month or 2, like dairy said, try grabbing one because 2 isnt a good number for pygo's...then once you upgrade slap him in the bigger tank, then add some more

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Unless you are planing on buying the new tank in a few days, you will only be setting yourself up for failure.

Buy the Piranhas at the pet shop and talk the owner into holding them there for you if you can if not work on getting that new tank.

Hater

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Unless you are planing on buying the new tank in a few days, you will only be setting yourself up for failure.

Buy the Piranhas at the pet shop and talk the owner into holding them there for you if you can if not work on getting that new tank.

Hater
Good idea. I was thinking of seeing if they'd hold them for me for a couple weeks. Maybe get one then after I upgrade my tank get the other two. Hate to put the money down and not be able to get a tank. They charge waaaaaay to much for larger tanks Im looking for a used but havnt been able to find anything over 55 in the papers. I live in Vermont if anyone knows where I can get a hold of a tank please let me know. I have no problem driving a few hours to pick one up either. Thanks again guys.

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
you should get a bigger tank first then buy more pygo later...fish always come around...it importand to have space and room for piranha.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts

Hater
Good idea. I was thinking of seeing if they'd hold them for me for a couple weeks. Maybe get one then after I upgrade my tank get the other two. Hate to put the money down and not be able to get a tank. They charge waaaaaay to much for larger tanks Im looking for a used but havnt been able to find anything over 55 in the papers. I live in Vermont if anyone knows where I can get a hold of a tank please let me know. I have no problem driving a few hours to pick one up either. Thanks again guys.
[/quote]
i have the hook in cali......i got Uncle Rico a 180g with stand and compact lighting for $550 brand new

33g is to small to add a carbie....maybe if you have a bare bottem and no "funiture" but i think the risk would be to great....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts