Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Anyone know anything about USPS and mailing? I sent a money order for almost 300 bucks for fish on Monday through regular mail with the 37 cent stamp. It's now Saturday and the dude says he never recieved it. Now i give him the benefit of the doubt. Is it common for it to take this long or longer? Or did that dude rip me off? Or should I just cancel my money order? The thing is I don't want to cancel it then he recieves it that same day you know? But if this is taking unusually long then thats what I have to do.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
how far was the money order going?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I would give it a little more time. Like middle of next week. I know my mail got screwed up this week because of the weather. I would ask the person to keep you informed and I would get as much info on the person if you have not yet just incase you need it. If the person is still talking to you that is a good sign. Do you have the moneyorder# if it was a postal moneyorder the post office might be able to help you out to see if it was cashed yet. I hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's pretty well known in the fish community and has alot of positive feedback. He also works for his local church. Thats the only reason why I'm so calm instead of ripping my hair out. I will check the status on Monday but I can't help but feel nervous for some reason. I just keep telling myself that its the weather thats delaying it.

To Bentho how long did your mail arrive to its destination when it got screwed up?

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
I'D HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. JUST WAIT IT OUT THATS WHAT I DID AND I JUST RECEIVED THE MONEYORDER BACK FROM THE POST OFFICE TODAY TELLING ME THAT THE ADDRESS I GAVE WAS NOT A KNOW ADDRESS. IT TOOK OVER A MONTH. YOU CAN CALL THE NUMBER ON THE STUB OF THE MONEYORDER AND CHECK IF IT HAD BEEN CASHED.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
diddye said:
next time, pay tracking w/ it....around a buck or less and saves a lot of hassel.
[snapback]835805[/snapback]​
Thats what I usually do. First time ever not doing it this sh*t happens. I thought this was a sure thing. But man I guessed wrong.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
the post office makes mistakes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.