Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am not sure if you guys have heard of this before or not, but it is something that I would like to try out anyhow.
I have placed a mirror at the back of My RBP and black widow aquarium tank. It is believed that this will increase activity and also may raise aggresion levels. So far my one eyed RBP will swim fast by the area with the mirror. The Widows see to like to glance at themselves and ocasioanally get excited and try to nip their reflection. As for some of my cichlid tanks My 2 severums are non-stop trying to get their reflection...
I will keep you guys updated if anything new happens :D

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
I have a mirror in back of my 30g and all 10 of my p's went crazy. racing up and down side to side.trying to get at there images.i accidently put it behind one day and it did make them more active.they use to hide behind a plant i had in there they don't bother no more.keeps us updated on your try

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK heres an update:
... as for some cichlids it has fully regenerated my male convict that went limp. It is now increasingly getting aggresive, they funniest part is when it gives threat displays towards its image

... as for my P tank its casuing the dithers to constantly watch their reflectiona and view it while occasionally taking a plunge towards teh image.

The one eyed RBP has changed its hiding location from amongst the amazon sword plant to inside of a log decor.

The P's red seemed to brighten slightly on its body

also it will dash accross the area where the mirror is

seems to be more active...

... I will keep you updated... , what are your conclusions?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
My buddie a few years back told me about his fishtank was right next to a black drawer. It produced a mirror like image to his Red Devil making it more aggressive and active. I thought he was crazy and forgot about it until SnowCichlid's post. Ill be checking updates on the conclusion. Anything to get these bad boys more mean!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts