Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone see the Tyson fight this weekend? It lasted all of 49 seconds and the KO blow looked like Old Iron Mike again. It was truly a vicious blow. Also, Mike was crazier than ever and got a HUGE tatoo all over the left side of his face!

Not bad, 49 seconds for 3 million dollars!

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
It was a shot, but I think the Rhino took a dive. Did you see the way he took his mouth piece out? I have never seen a dude that is truley knocked out act anything like that. There eyes are usually open and looking around wildly, they atleast try to stand. The Rhino looked like he was taking a nap......I have never seen someone act like that.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
its a tribal piece that goes around half of his left eye. He said he wasn't even close to being done with it.

The mouth piece thing was odd, but did you see his right leg buckle and get caught for a split second underneath him. It was a hard hit and I dont think it was played out, Tyson connected with yet another trmendous right.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I agree it was a hard hit, I am just saying even when these dudes get ko'ed, you never see a dude just lay there with his eyes closed, you would need to be totally out for that to happen and you cant take out your mouth piece (wearing a boxing glove) if you are totally out.
I think the dude took a fall, I dont know if Tyson knew about it but I think the guy tanked it.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I hope the rematch with lewis will be more competitive. I was tyson to win the belt 1 more time so he can retire. I hate LEWIS.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
BDKing57 said:
If you were that guy.. would you get back up?
If I was a professional boxer, agreed to fight Tyson, trained for the fight, and got paid 1 million to fight him, hell ya I would have gotten up. Or at least made an effort to get up, instead of lying down. He made the choice to get in that ring and got paid a lot to do it, he could have given a better effort. I could be completely wrong and he was totally ko'd and if that is the case, I have no problem. My problem is that I dont think he gave the effort to continue the fight and chose to take his cash for almost nothing.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont think there is any disputing it was NOT a dive. Did you see how his jaw seriously shattered in the slow motion replays. It was a HARD and direct shot to the soft spot of the chin. I am not saying the rhino didnt have a glass jaw but Tyson definatly broke it. When he fell, he almost collapsed upon his own leg and ankle nearly spraining or twisting it. This is not done by a man taking a "dive". He got knocked the f out.

As for the mouthpiece thing, who knows what people do when they are messed up. The Rhino probably hit the mat and said "Holy SH#$....Im done", and instinctivly took out his mouthpiece. I dont think that is evidence enough that he took a dive.....

My 2 cents, Tyson might be washed up, but it is incredibly fun to watch a gorilla of a man that is clinically insane get set loose in a roped off boxing ring!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Xenon said:
I dont think there is any disputing it was NOT a dive. Did you see how his jaw seriously shattered in the slow motion replays. It was a HARD and direct shot to the soft spot of the chin. I am not saying the rhino didnt have a glass jaw but Tyson definatly broke it. When he fell, he almost collapsed upon his own leg and ankle nearly spraining or twisting it. This is not done by a man taking a "dive". He got knocked the f out.

As for the mouthpiece thing, who knows what people do when they are messed up. The Rhino probably hit the mat and said "Holy SH#$....Im done", and instinctivly took out his mouthpiece. I dont think that is evidence enough that he took a dive.....

My 2 cents, Tyson might be washed up, but it is incredibly fun to watch a gorilla of a man that is clinically insane get set loose in a roped off boxing ring!
I agree with xenon but I think boxing in so fights where there is a lot of money on the line they are fixed but that is not the case on the tyson fight.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
There is no doubt Rhino got knocked down, I just dont think he was knocked out. He took his mouth piece out right after he hit the ground and he got up and appeared to be clear headed, right after the 10 count. I am not saying the fight was rigged, I just think the Rhino quit.

·
Registered
492 Posts
grosse gurke said:
There is no doubt Rhino got knocked down, I just dont think he was knocked out. He took his mouth piece out right after he hit the ground and he got up and appeared to be clear headed, right after the 10 count. I am not saying the fight was rigged, I just think the Rhino quit.
Yeah, I think he could have gotten up, but the probably did not want to, after that hit he would have gotten killed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.