Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
these cold eyes lock much wonder...
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looks like our iron mike tyson has a soft spot and its for pigeons,, i think thats kinda cool ,, actualy as a fact after his last fight he lost he couldnt be found noware but in his pigeon coop he musta been caliming his nerves. here's the write up i found on his website.

Boxer Mike Tyson's best bird buddies are getting a new home.

A $12,000 pigeon coop that will provide Tyson's pets with 100 square feet of air-conditioned comfort was given the go-ahead on Tuesday by officials in the posh Phoenix suburb of Paradise Valley, Arizona.

The troubled ex-heavyweight champion's love for pigeons is well documented. Tyson gained a reputation as a fighter while growing up in New York after pummeling a bully who killed one of his pigeons, according several accounts of his career.

Fallen boxing champion MIKE TYSON's has won the right to build a pigeon coop in the backyard of his Arizona home following a delays over a permit.

Tyson, who says he owns 350 pigeons, hatched plans to house them in their very own structure on his Sun Valley property.

But a neighbour questioned the construction last month (JUN05) and inspectors were sent to the house, where it was discovered that a permit had not been obtained for the structure.

Officials then ordered that Tyson or his representative file the necessary paperwork to obtain a building permit before work could resume.

Officials approved Tyson's plans yesterday (19JUL05), stating that there is nothing prohibiting the number of birds a homeowner can have on his or her property

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think he filed bankruptcy and then everyone starts saying he is broke. Bankrupt and Broke are 2 different things.

And yes, hes been a pigeon freak for years and years.

·
these cold eyes lock much wonder...
5,370 Posts
Cool, I remember this pigeon story being a part of his story made movie long ago. I remember seeing a pigeon with him if I am not mistaken.
:rasp: yes um crazy as mike,,,,:laugh:

i was doin a feeding from my mouth to my moniter lizard for some friends ,,, the chick was dead ..plus alot of beer helped too bird feet aint the best thang in the world..

·
Banned
1,600 Posts
Cool, I remember this pigeon story being a part of his story made movie long ago. I remember seeing a pigeon with him if I am not mistaken.
:rasp: yes um crazy as mike,,,,:laugh:

i was doin a feeding from my mouth to my moniter lizard for some friends ,,, the chick was dead ..plus alot of beer helped too bird feet aint the best thang in the world..
[/quote]

You raped the poor chick dead, held it with your teeth celebrating your new hunt before feeding it to a monitor lizard. And you call Mike Tyson nuts...

·
Registered
441 Posts
i seen this about him a few years back on jimmy kimmel's show
Yea i saw him on Carson Daily's late night show a few years ago and Carson gave him a pigeon. He was all excited about it. At the time I didnt know about Tyson's hobby and Im thinking, please dont give it to him he'll bite his head off or light it on fire or something. Turns out he's a really good guy with pigeons.

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
As a pigeon fanatic myself, that's really cool news! Thanks for posting that cueball!

...I wonder what kind of pigeons he raises.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts