Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know what everyone thought about all the current events in the Mideast.

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Ever since school has been out I have been too busy to know whats been going on out in the world. The news doesnt really cover anything of the middle east anymore from what Im able to watch. The last thing I read was of Bin Laden sending letters out to Al Qaeda saying how they should attack the US and its allies.

That article is here.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Imo. Isreali's and Palestinians are equally guilty of the current situation - the Palestinian terror groups like Hamas or Al Aqsha are frustrating the peace process (wonder why it's still called "peace" process...), but what Isreal does is no better (their share of detaining and murdering civilians, destroying homes and fencing off entire neighborhoods with barb wire and watchtowers is also terrorism [and not much different from what the Palestinians do], but this time it's state-sponsored...)

To be honest, I don't give a damn about what happens there: it's useless to even bother anymore... Each time one of both parties wants to give peace a chnace, the other party will render it useless (and again: BOTH parties are equally guilty, imo...)
My solution would be: fence off Israel, and let them fight to the death - winner takes it all...

I don't know what the US's plans on Iran are, but I hope the US can control itself...
What no one seems to understand is that for every 100 terrorists being killed, 500 new ones will emerge. Of course, attacking these groups is a solution to the terrorism-problem, but it's only a short-termed one...
As long as the social and economical situation in the Arab world stays the same, the US will fight it's war on terror - you're just fighting the symptoms, and not the cause of the problem: a fight you can never win, I'm affraid.
Just too bad they don't focus on that part - A newspaper article entitled "15 terrorists killed, 100 detained" looks sooo much better than an article about economic improvements in the region...

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
piranha45 said:
if so I think the palestinians should just get bulldozed and slaughtered, as israel's at least an ally whereas palestinians provide nothing for us
I wouldn't be that proud of your alliance with Israel - what they do is the same as what the Palestinians do (killing civilians, frustrating the peace process...) Basically, you are allied with a nation that support state-sponsored terrorism - if the US would finally get its fact straight, the Israeli government would be on the same list as Al Qaeda, Hamas, Jamiaat i-Islami etc...
But unfortunately, double standards and a hidden agenda are the sad reality...

Actually, the US should be grateful Hamas and the other terror groups are still active: after your extremely convincing case of WMD in Iraq (um, NOT
), the war on terrorism may be the only justification for your continued involvement and military presence in the Middle East that's left....

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
I agree whith juda. Let israel fight its own battles. The US and England are a big part of why it is still there. They wouldent last long without them.What ally p45 they are nobodys ally. I am still pissed when israel attacked a US spyship in their war with egypt. Egypt had agreed with a truce, And with them withdrawing. Israel attacked slaughtering thousands of egypytian military. Knowing the spy ship was there they attacked and killed many US personal in this attack threatening to board knowing the US ship would distroy its evedence.
I guarantee if they stopped getting help they would be countryless again.

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
I am not racist in any way. But i grow tired of hearing the garbage they BOTH are responsable of.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
Raptor said:
I am not racist in any way. But i grow tired of hearing the garbage they BOTH are responsable of.

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
israel does more good than the palestinians do. If the palestinians got their own country, they'd just become another Iran.

I don't see how you can be so pissy about the spyship incident that happened 35 freaking years ago

Your right, Israel wouldnt be anything but an obscure little smear on the history page if it weren't for us, but since we have clearly thrown our lot down with them, we might as well root for them. They must provide some strategic value for us, as we didnt have give them a first-class military for nothing

·
Registered
384 Posts
It's all the f*cking Nazis' fault. If they wouldn't have killed 6 million Jews, the US wouldn't have been so set on them having their own place in the world. Not that they don't deserve it, but you can't just muscle out another religion because the US decides that's how it's going to be, and not expect them to hate us. That's why some of these kids in the middle east grow up listening to their parents say all of the evils of the US and how guys like Bin Laden become like these heroes, f*cking Hitler, I hope the devil fucks him in the ass routinely for all of the problems he's caused the world.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Oh yeah, P45, even you have to hope that there's heaven and hell just for the reason that if there is, then Hitler is down there, with his swollen asshole screaming "I almost ruled the world!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.