Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm feeding my Ps mice for the first time tonight. I don't have a camcorder, but I'll get lots of stills. I'm not quite sure what to expect. I've fed them light for the last few days, so hopefully they're good and hungry.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
nice have fun btut don't let the mouse climb out of the tank or you'll have some fun chasin' it but good luck anyway's!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well, I wasn't sure what to expect, so I wasn't dissapointed. They didn't do anything. At first the little one checked it out a little bit, but didn't bite. Hmmm, too early yet? Is this normal for young Ps? Mine are about 7 month old.

Sorry for the false alarm. I'm going to try again tomorrow night and see if anything happens.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
yeah they may not go for it right away...depending on how hungry that they are and how brave they are feeling to take the first bite, but once one does it...they will all join in

just keep trying....and i cant wait to see these pics.

how big are your p's?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2 of them are only about 5 inches or so, but the other 2 are pushing 6 or more. sometimes they're very aggressive feeding, even to the point that it startled me. but, sometimes they mosy around for 10-15 minutes before eating.

but, i'll keep trying. i pulled the pinky out and put it in a metal bucket for another day.

·
Registered
477 Posts
my 11 one and a half inchers take down pinkys the key is not to feed them light but to not feed them at all i didint feed mine for 2days and on day 3 fed em a pinky mouse they loved it

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll do that, and not feed them for a couple of days. They acted like they didn't know what to do with it. Maybe it'll be different when they're really hungry.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
piranhabar said:
I'll do that, and not feed them for a couple of days. They acted like they didn't know what to do with it. Maybe it'll be different when they're really hungry.
Should be better when they realy want food.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They're probably spoiled. I feed them regularly 2 times a day and only goldies on occasion for exercise. They've never had anything like that in the tank and being as they've never seen a mouse before, I can understand the behavior. They're definately interesting creatures with minds of their own, they'll do things on their own time. Thanks for the advice guys!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
piranhabar Posted on Jul 18 2003, 12:06 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 of them are only about 5 inches or so, but the other 2 are pushing 6 or more. sometimes they're very aggressive feeding, even to the point that it startled me. but, sometimes they mosy around for 10-15 minutes before eating.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts