Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think we should almost make it manditory when selling items to post pics so that the buyer knows what theyre gettin instead of askin for pics.... just an opinion.. idk if this was already discussed or not

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
agreed. however keep in mind some people simply do not have digital cameras.
My peeve is the people that post an ad and HAVE pics and state PM for pics.

JUST POST THE DAMN PICS SO WE DON'T HAVE TO ASK! IF your too stupid use photobucket then you don't deserve to use the internet.

·
Wavy
12,078 Posts
Unless ur amish ( which then you wouldnt have a computer) you have to know somebody with a digital camera...borrow it and take the damn pics...i tihnk its a must..definatly :nod:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
.........My peeve is the people that post an ad and HAVE pics and state PM for pics. ....
JUST POST THE DAMN PICS SO WE DON'T HAVE TO ASK!....
thats what im sayin...

i honestly think that this should b manditory... i meen if you have to buy a disposible and have walmart make u a disc soyou can put them on the comp.. it AINT THAT HARD PEOPLE

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
thats redicoulous. Then if i sell something ill add the price of the disposable digi so so u can see my fish that looks just like every other one out there.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Yeah...forcing people to post pictures isnt going to happen. If you are not interested in buying something because there isnt a picture...then dont buy it. It is common sense that posting a picture would help your sale...but if you dont want too...we are certainly not going to require it.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I dont think it really matters.

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
Yeah...forcing people to post pictures isnt going to happen. If you are not interested in buying something because there isnt a picture...then dont buy it. It is common sense that posting a picture would help your sale...but if you dont want too...we are certainly not going to require it.
Agreed.

Not to mention that pics never tell the true story anyway.

If you're buying something like a tank or a fish it is probably wise to see it in person before buying it. Whenever I make a sale through my local aquarium club I always make sure I reserve the right to back out on the sale should I not want the item when I see it in person.

If you're buying an item via mail and having it shipped to you then it's on you to make the call whether you want to take the person's word for it or if you want to see a pic first. It comes down to a personal choice of the risk you are willing to assume.

And don't even get me started on how hard it can be to photograph fish sometimes... Not to mention that with a poor quality digicam you're going to most likely get blurred and bad pics, which will simply prompt requests for better pics. Which will make people angry when they cannot be produced.

In the end... Not a good idea.

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
thats redicoulous. Then if i sell something ill add the price of the disposable digi so so u can see my fish that looks just like every other one out there.
The point is to show exactly what it is that YOU are selling so there is no question to the quality or the condition of the specific item YOU are selling.
I don't want to see a picture of a great looking rhom. or something off a site.
I want to see a picture of the EXACT fish that I am buying from some dude half way across the country so there are no suprises when the fish arrives.

If you sell stuff online then getting a digi is your responsiblity. Or borrow a friends. I don't see why it is so hard for sellers to put a little effort into making their sales happen smoothly rather then making it a huge hassel for interested buyers.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
This idea has already been discussed and not everyone has or can afford or can get their hands on a digital camera. I'd rather spend $200 on other electronics, fish, food, alcohol, etc.

.........My peeve is the people that post an ad and HAVE pics and state PM for pics. ....
JUST POST THE DAMN PICS SO WE DON'T HAVE TO ASK!....
thats what im sayin...

i honestly think that this should b manditory... i meen if you have to buy a disposible and have walmart make u a disc soyou can put them on the comp.. it AINT THAT HARD PEOPLE
[/quote]

Lots of people pay bills here, and don't have extra cash or feel like spending money on a camera. If you would like, feel free to send me a digital camera for free if you are making this mandatory.

I also believe a few of the sponsors have rarely ever pictured each fish they sell online and guess what, the fish still sell.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
yep the truth..

Besides unless the fish is extremely rare common sense says buy it from a sponser if it's something that needs shipped as they are the only people who will usually guarentee no doa's.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I think all has been said on this suggestion. There are enough problems enforcing the B&S rules as they are...

Thanks for the suggestion though!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.