Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I measured the biggest red I have tonight, and he is 9 3/4" total length, from the front of his face to the end of the tail. had a look at his teeth to, never again will I stick my bare hand in the same tank as him again (yes, I used to almost on a daily basis to fix plants that they had moved out of the gravel)

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Damn.. thats good!! Did you raise him since he was a baby??? Show some pix!! I think you have the biggest RB in here to date..someone correct me if im wrong.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
pictures would be nice of your monster

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Nice! That should make it over 8" SL then? Ah don't worry too much about putting your hand in there, just keep an eye on him and make sure he's not hungry when you do!

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
I measured the biggest red I have tonight, and he is 9 3/4" total length, from the front of his face to the end of the tail.
If you ever decide to do this again, measure from snout and not the jaw which is always open and will give you a false reading. From there measure to the end of the fleshy part where the tail begins (hypural plate), for SL (=standard length).

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
I would not use the lateral line as it is NOT straight. And since we want accuracy, use a caliper instead not a ruler.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really dont plan on measuring him again, but if I do, I will do it only to the begining of the tail. I do have some pics, just gotta get the film developed so I can get one of those picture cd's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.