Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Badass RoseCityRhom!!!
How'd you get your P to stay in one place so it can get measured??

hey al ever measure your biggest red?
Biggest Redis pushing 10 1/4", the 2nd is a straight 10", 3rd 9".. all measured through glass while they were sleeping.
You guys seen my measuring tape in front of my tank. :glare:Heres their pix.. the two 10"ers:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Diesel is a very cool fish, he's pretty calm and at his stature is the boss of the tank and apparently is not concerned with me. Just calmly sat there while my gf held the tape measure and I snapped the pic.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
rosecityrhom said:
Here it is, I'm getting used to Microsoft Photo It! and was having trouble resizing the image to fit on here. Here is a pic of my fat little red named Diesel finally.
Fat yes, Little...NO. Diesel is what his name implies. Quite a beast you have there. Does he always stuff himself every meal like that?

Joe

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I wonder how accurate the measurement is through the glass. It may be dead on, but I dont know, I thought the glass distorts the size somewhat. I dont know if you can, but you should take him out and measure him, then you could compare the 2 and see if it makes a difference.
Very nice red dude!

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
You call that piranha Diesel?!?
Cool name: I had a cat that I called Diesel, but had to leave him behind when I moved, a couple of years ago :sad:

And I feel the same as Jeff about how accurate/trustworthy those kinds of pictures are (distortion, refraction, ...): but it's a big fish regardless

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The tank is not glass its acrylic and I'm not sure how much distortion the glass would make. I do know that when you look down into water the fish is lower in your line of site then it appears...not sure how much it may distort size.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
RhomZilla said:
Badass RoseCityRhom!!!
How'd you get your P to stay in one place so it can get measured??

hey al ever measure your biggest red?
Biggest Redis pushing 10 1/4", the 2nd is a straight 10", 3rd 9".. all measured through glass while they were sleeping.
You guys seen my measuring tape in front of my tank. :glare:Heres their pix.. the two 10"ers:
..nice...

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
rosecityrhom said:
The tank is not glass its acrylic and I'm not sure how much distortion the glass would make. I do know that when you look down into water the fish is lower in your line of site then it appears...not sure how much it may distort size.
It's not that I doubt the validity your statement (what's the point of claiming that your fish are larger than they are in reality anyways?), it's just that in general these things should be taken with a bit of caution or at least further explanation by the poster, imo.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
rosecityrhom said:
Rhomzilla, those beasts don't even look like they're done growing. And they're already huge.
Still.. its not as big as yours.
Hopefully, in due time, I will have even bigger ones than these guys that I have right now..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.