Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i turm my light on my p's dive to the bottom and hide, I no its cause of the light. Anyone have an idea to dimm the light a little? Thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have seen threads that advise to wrap electrical tape around the bulb itself like a candy cane.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
you can do either of those 2 ideas, or you can buy a dimmer bulb - I use a blue one.
or get some floating plants, or float some normal ones.

·
The ASSMAN
20,570 Posts
One other suggestion that has worked for me is placing you lights on a timer. It gets your p's into a routeen, my p's dont even flinch when the lights come on and I dont need to dim the lights anymore. I also use the 50/50 lights which are a little dimmer and really bring out the color. they are 1/2 sunlight and 1/2 blue light.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I tried the 50/50 and it seemed to freak them out even more than the regular lights do. Just my experience with it. I wrapped mine wiht electrical tape like suggested and the light doesn't bother them at all. I only use 1 48" bulb at a time and its enough to light up the tank to take great videos as well.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I just use lo wattage, Plus it takes time for them to get used to it. Before my p's would never eat if the lights are on. They will get use to it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Insted of changing your bulb, juste buy a transparent plastique with color, that you put on the glass below de bulb.

I bough a red one and when it's dark in the room, it's very nice, it look like blood !! and give a psyco look !!

You just put 2 or 3 sheet over the other and you can also play with your lite, put more on one side..

Try it, it cost 1$

1 - 15 of 15 Posts