Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
On average they get somewhere in the 10-12" range.
The largest one I have heard of measured 16" Total Length, it was a very old specimen (and I think 16" is quite exceptional).

·
"Bruce Lee" the Legend
5,194 Posts
there is no normal maxium size. Size will vary depending upon the type of care it was given, i.e. diet, water quality, tank size.

·
Registered
658 Posts
At the Blue Planet Aquarium in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, They have some monster piranhas. A couple of them must be around 15-16" and about 6" wide. I couldnt believe the size of them when I first saw them. The display is excellent I would recommend visiting it if you live in the north-wets of England.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the feedback. I was looking for personnal experience in home aquariums. Didn't know if most topped out in home aquariums around 9-10 inches or if they grew larger.

I do understand that diet, water quality, and tank size play a role in this.

Thanks again for the feedback!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Morpheus said:
At the Blue Planet Aquarium in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, They have some monster piranhas. A couple of them must be around 15-16" and about 6" wide. I couldnt believe the size of them when I first saw them. The display is excellent I would recommend visiting it if you live in the north-wets of England.
[snapback]831696[/snapback]​
I'll be in England in March... How far is this from London?

·
RHoM L0V3R
1,236 Posts
The reds I posted are kept in a 500g aquarium and the inhabiants include 5 very large red bellys and a gold nugget pleco.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
i live about ten minutes form the aquarium in cherry hill; i don't usually get to camden if i can avoid it, but the p's at the aquarium beckon!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.