Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Peace....Through Superior Firepower
10,552 Posts
Hi,
You could probably get away with 5 or 6 but me personnally would do 5 if I were to stock it with that many .

· Registered
1,989 Posts
kevinhaeb said:
It's all about the footprint on your tank also.
[snapback]871706[/snapback]​
Good point. The dimensions of the footprint are more important than the actual gallonage.

Before you consider overstocking, you should make sure that you have adequate filtration (i.e. a sump and a canister filter) as well as having the least decoration possible so that no territory can be established, but a fish can hide if it is being picked on.

IMO I wouldn't go with much more than 7 or 8 but it is really going to depend on how well you take care of it, and don't overestimate yourself.

· Registered
1,585 Posts
I am doing 9 in a 125, but they are only 3 inches right now, and trust me when they grow into the tank I will be there to upgrade, plus filtration I got it covered with 5 filters plus undergravel filtration I am a tankaholic though like some one said dont overestimate urself! If I wanted it to be comfortable for lifeish 5 is tops good luck!

· I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
14,634 Posts
6-7 would be my choice.. but I've been doing this method for awhile and known to overstock. It might seem awesome seeing a shitload of Ps (mixed or same species), but every good thing comes with something bad. More tank maintanence, more prone to disease/bacteria spreading faster to each fish, and more prone to having injuries, cassualties, and even deaths in your tank.

Stick with the minimum amount for awhile and learn more about the hobby... then progress into bigger and better things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.