Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Registered
19,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

AR RAMADI, Iraq (Jan. 02, 2005) -- Seen through a twenty-power spot scope, terrorists scrambled to deliver another mortar round into the tube. Across the Euphrates River from a concealed rooftop, the Marine sniper breathed gently and then squeezed a few pounds of pressure to the delicate trigger of the M40A3 sniper rifle in his grasp.

The rifle's crack froze the booming Fallujah battle like a photograph. As he moved the bolt back to load another round of 7.62mm ammunition, the sniper's spotter confirmed the terrorist went down from the shot mere seconds before the next crack of the rifle dropped another.

It wasn't the sniper's first kill in Iraq, but it was one for the history books.

On Nov. 11, 2004, while coalition forces fought to wrest control of Fallujah from a terrorist insurgency, Marine scout snipers with Company B, 1st Battalion, 23rd Marine Regiment, applied their basic infantry skills and took them to a higher level.

"From the information we have, our chief scout sniper has the longest confirmed kill in Iraq so far," said Capt. Shayne McGinty, weapons platoon commander for "Bravo" Co. "In Fallujah there were some bad guys firing mortars at us and he took them out from more than 1,000 yards."
http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/mcn2000.nsf...5256F7D006744CD

· Registered
647 Posts
Nice shooting!

In response to the title of this thread:
Please note that it says "longest confirmed kill in Iraq"
While a 1000 yard shot is not something to sneeze at,it is hardly the longest confirmed kill in battle.In Iraq probably,but its not the longest shot I've ever heard of.
This would be one of Carlos Hathcock's trainee's I take it?

Later
Eric

· Registered
4,146 Posts
mechanic said:
Nice shooting!

While a 1000 yard shot is not something to sneeze at,it is hardly the longest confirmed kill in battle.In Iraq probably,but its not the longest shot I've ever heard of.

Later
Eric
[snapback]838043[/snapback]​
agreed.

that is fantastic... I love this sh*t.

· im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
3,668 Posts
this to me is just so f*cking swet not the kill well kinda but to have the patience and breathing to hit something so far away i can even imagine i wonder how the target looks from that far even through scopes

3,668 Posts
mechanic said:
Nice shooting!

Later
Eric
[snapback]838043[/snapback]​
really? cats killed ppl farther than that? omg thats talent, training, and will

G

·
I heard on 60 minutes last night that these snipers are capable of making kills out to 2000 yards with those .50 caliber rifles some of the snipers are using.

Still, 1000 yards is amazing.

3,668 Posts
Peacock said:
i would love to see this sh*t in action.. omfg...
[snapback]838085[/snapback]​
u aint lying

· Registered
4,146 Posts
b_ack51 said:
Damn that is sweet. Everytime I play a video game and theres the option to be a sniper, I pick that. If I had the chance, I'd try to train to be a sniper.
[snapback]838093[/snapback]​
video games are perfect practice for reflexes.

"Gamer Reflexes" own just about anything put up against them. Expert gamers eye and hand coordination is intense.

· Breaki'n all day...
4,256 Posts
damn that sniper didn't even hear the shot cuz its was from so far!
he would have dropped and then afew seconds later......BAM!!

nice shooting

· Registered
199 Posts
i'm really anti-war/anti-killing,

but f*ck. 1000 yards! that's crazy. i'm thinking of my longest golf drive which was like 290yards, fuckin more than triple that!

and "apparently" that's not even the furthest shot.

i must say i'm impressed

· Registered
623 Posts
View attachment 43856 more on the M4oa3

Caliber 7.62x51mm NATO (.308 Win)
Length 44.25" (1124mm)
Weight 16.5 lbs (7.5 kg)
Barrel Schneider Match Grade SS #7
Barrel Length 24 inches (610mm)
Trigger Weight 3 to 5 pounds
Magazine Capacity 5 rounds
Sight Unertl 10x with Mil-Dots and BDC
Stock McMillan Tactical A4
Max Effective Range 1000 yards (915 meters)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.