Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i remember reading somewhere that people used the "great stuff" sealeant to make caves and stuff for their tank/fish..have anyone here done that b4??or know if it works..and is it safe???

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,888 Posts
I persnoally have never used it before. Are you talking about the regular aquarium cement? If you are, then it will not be toxic to the fish. There are different types of cement out there. Some of it bonds in the water. It may be a bit more expensive, but then again it would be a lot less of a hassle.
~Taylor~

·
Registered
95 Posts
Are you refering to the expandable yellow foam? I dont think it would hrm the fish at all, but it floats. It is really hard to sink the stuff. You would have to use aquarium sealeant and seal it to the tank.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes..thats what im talking about...so its safe then??cuz theres ways i can sink the stuff..jsut not sure if its safe..

markley02 said:
Are you refering to the expandable yellow foam? I dont think it would hrm the fish at all, but it floats. It is really hard to sink the stuff. You would have to use aquarium sealeant and seal it to the tank.
[snapback]945484[/snapback]​

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,888 Posts
Personally, I care very much about my fish, and I'd never use any chemical compound that is not meant for aquarium use. That decision is up to you whether you wanna jeparodize your fish's lives or not. You know where I stand.
~Taylor~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts