Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you want to get your fish to grow quickley all you have to do is fee em a little bit every 2 hours. I put some silver sides,,and mix it up with some beefheart i bought online, and they love both of them. ocasionally i give em some krill shrimp. reply back and tell me what you guys are feedin them? and what they like/dislike.

·
Danger Davo
788 Posts
doesn't sound like a good method to me.

You don't need you RBP to be fat. What you need to do is to give them enough food to grow well and be healthy. Feeding them every two hours won't work as they will stop eating after the second time.

If you want your P's to grow to be healthy adults feed them what they would have in the wild. Read up on the Feeding and nutrision section for more info.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
jonscilz said:
wha whaaaaa...... i like fat piranhas haha its soooo funny to see

[snapback]894793[/snapback]​
The fact that fat (ie. overweight and obese) piranha's are likely to die prematurely isn't that funny, though...

Not recommended, a diet as mentioned in the first post...

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
FreakyAcidTripper said:
cant we just close and remove this piece of sh*t thread? as it may give newbies some bad ideas. :-/
[snapback]895365[/snapback]​
As soon as we start censoring, we might as well shut down the place entirely.

Instead of cracking down on things you don't like to see or hear, you can also use it as a starting point to educate people (how would newcomers ever find out what's good and what's not if everything bad is removed?) - no one ever got any smarter from from deleting posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Judazzz said:
FreakyAcidTripper said:
cant we just close and remove this piece of sh*t thread? as it may give newbies some bad ideas. :-/
[snapback]895365[/snapback]​
As soon as we start censoring, we might as well shut down the place entirely.

Instead of cracking down on things you don't like to see or hear, you can also use it as a starting point to educate people (how would newcomers ever find out what's good and what's not if everything bad is removed?) - no one ever got any smarter from from deleting posts

[snapback]895370[/snapback]​
Im impressed!

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
That's something cichlid keepers sometimes do to bulk up their fish quickly, it's called "powerfeeding" and while it will produce faster growth rates, I don't think it is healthy for your fish. I feed once a day for all my fish and that's it. They will have a slower growth rate than someone who powerfeeds, but I feel it's healthier for them and more responsible fish husbandry

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
Its tempting to have a huge plumped Piranha, but as stated, its NOT as healthy as it seems and it doesnt help in boosting the growth or size. Overweight and out of shaped Ps are not attractive and your more likely to suffer more in the long run rather than helping it.

Here's a plum P that was fed 4 times a day. Not that attractive...

·
Registered
761 Posts
Also keep in mind that good filtration, water quality, and current is essential for a good growth rate. It's not in feeding alone that you raise a healthily grown fish.

·
Registered
74 Posts
skelator said:
Also keep in mind that good filtration, water quality, and current is essential for a good growth rate. It's not in feeding alone that you raise a healthily grown fish.
[snapback]897153[/snapback]​
Absolutely, couldnt agree more

1 - 15 of 15 Posts