Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
for those of you questioning these algae scrappers I just got one for an Easter present from the gf and it works wonders. Algae comes off with no hassle or you dont even have to get wet.
I was truly amazed with the way it works. I would have never justified buying one before but now that I have one I definatly have a grin on my face ---> :smile:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Xenon said:
Sounds good Snow, how much they cost? Can they be used to scrape off snails as well? :
:
i dont know... i didnt pay for it
ask the GF, well i will ask her later on today...
yeah they are pretty strong so i bet they would take em off, they take of algae with one swipe...

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Yea, I have them but have never had any algae on my bigger tanks. The only that gets any is the little feeder thank I keep in the window and the magnets I have are too big for the 10 gallon. I am just waiting for a little piece of algae to try it out. Mike, I have had some little snails in my tank and these magnets would take them off very easily, they are frick’n strong.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have had mine algea magnet for a couple months and it works great and it is very strong!

If you guys that dont have one and are going to purchase one I would recomend MAG-Float!!

They float and are very strong and you dont have to worry about losing it at the bottom of the tank.

The have them for glass or acrylic tanks and different sizes for different size tanks!

small for up to 30gal 5.99
med for up to 125gal 9.99
Prices here click

·
Registered
347 Posts
I used to have them until my redtail catfish develop a taste for them. Shoulda try to use him to scrape the algae on the glass.
He spits it out after a while, but got tired of using it when he always chases it and eats it.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fishman said:
The acrylic ones might be different so they dont scratch the acrylic???
yeah i was thinking that it is because acrylic is softer and would scratch eaasier, say if you got a rock inbwetween the 2 magnets which can happen from time to time...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.