Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
thats so f*cking clean. Like braveheart said, apple is the bomb when it comes to looking stylish, clean, and breaking down barriers.

I was playing witha G5 today in a store. A f*cking 23" widescreen LCD, it was f*cking massive.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
jonscilz said:
its comparable to all the new media center pc's that have come out... you can build a computer on your own and get a case thats smaller then that if you wanted...

[snapback]841304[/snapback]​
Link? 6.5x6.5x2, thats just a bit bigger than my CD drive.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
I used to hate Apple... I completely ignored all the stylish and innovative things they were doing, until I checked out (then purchased) the new fourth generation iPod. The thing is amazing. And now they have put this thing out... I have seen mini PCs, but they don't even touch the package Apple has put together here. I almost want to buy one.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Actually, Apple pretty much sums it up perfectly in their own words. From their site:

Designed With Exquisite Finesse
Most low-cost PC manufacturers slap together Frankenstein machines by hacking away features from the high end (of three years ago, anyway) and putting the warmed-over parts in ill-fitting cheap plastic boxes. They don't really have a choice, since they don't design any of the parts, from operating system to motherboard. That's why most budget PC cases seem to be littered with a mish-mash of uncoordinated stickers from every component vendor on the planet. But Apple engineers can handcraft a new machine from scratch. For Mac mini, that means taking the time to decide just which elements make a Mac a Mac and then figuring out how to shrink them. And that process just happened to reinvent the whole concept of a desktop computer

·
8,401 Posts
This is a very nice piece of hardware indeed!!

I have been a mac user up until 2 months ago when I bought a dell to replace a 5 year old mac.

It was a tough choice to leave mac for the PC world but an interest free, tax free loan sealed the deal.

With an inexpensive yet powerfull machine like this I belive Mac will make a big mark!! I definitely forsee myself buying one of these in the near future, I can get all the benefits of the mac in a compact and affordable package. I miss my final cut pro and mac graphics applications...

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
My parents have been trying to get me to find a cheap computer for my little sister, and I think I just found it... This covers everything she needs, she would love the style, and it could easily fit on her desk at home.

·
...just back for a bit to catch up...
6,193 Posts
Sweet!
Thats why I love Apple now, use to hate them, but they made me a believer. Dual Processor PowerG5's!
....and you can run windows programs on a Apple computer (at least I think they still make that software).

·
8,401 Posts
ProdigalMarine said:
Sweet!
Thats why I love Apple now, use to hate them, but they made me a believer. Dual Processor PowerG5's!
....and you can run windows programs on a Apple computer (at least I think they still make that software).
[snapback]842014[/snapback]​
YUP

Virtual PC been around for years, I used to run Win98 on my old mac

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
Dual processors are overrated. Most of the workload is done by one processor, then just passes extra work over. There was an article about a year ago with dual processor apple vs pentium vs athlon. Overall the athlon won and the price was a plus.

Looks cool apple, not a big fan of them. Used them for like 6 months and just love my custom built PC, everything I could do on a Mac I could do on a PC.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.