Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been testing my tank on a regular basis, and the last couple of test they have been off the charts. The colour of the water in the test tube turns yellow instead of blue ?? So my chart only shows results for blue like colour. Any idea what yellow is ? i'm guessing 4 or 5 range, but no idea??

troy :rockin:

http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/piranha/

·
Registered
259 Posts
One of the biggest contributor to drop in pH is nutrient build up. yellow means it's acidic, 6.0 or below. at a low pH the hydrogen bonds from ammonia (NH3) dissociates and becomes ammonium. Ammonium is not toxic to fish, but having a pH below 6.4 will disturb the biological filtration. I suggest you perform small gradual water changes until you can get the pH between 6.5-7.5. I also recommend that you add Kent neutral controller or Seachem neutral regulator to prevent pH fluctuations and to keep a constant neutral pH. Takes the guess work out.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I have never had P.H. problems since I discoverd - Proper pH 7.0 from Aquarium pharmaceuticals, INC.
It sets the PH at 7.0, so if you add this when you do water changes the PH will stay at 7.0 (unless you wait too long before changing the water)

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
If it just started receintly, you may want to insure your test kit is not screwed. I know the ph of my tap water and test it if I get a strange measurement to insure my test kit is still good. Dont know if this makes sense but I just want to insure my old kit is still good.

·
Registered
467 Posts
CHUD,

I don't reccommend KENT products. They are water down. All the wanna be hardcore saltwater guys love that stuff but true fish keepers use SEACHEM because its the real deal.

SMTT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.