Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... i have a sick sound system in my house... i like to play my music really loud...
Here's a pic of my setup... my fish are in a different room probably 15 feet away threw the wall... Its just SOOO loud! i dunno tell me what you think...

ps.... the space between the speakers on the wall is my TV. 130 inch... Projected... setup to my Playstation 2, my Dish, and i have a computer system running strait VGA to it! Looks so sick its awesome!!!

· Registered
486 Posts
ive done some personal "studies" and have found out that my p's do indeed hear noise outside the tank pretty well... even on normal voice level within a few feet of the tank they do show some response. im not an expert so i couldnt tell you how this can affect you p's tho but you might want to think about it a little... im sure someone else can contribute.

· Registered
18,153 Posts
buette said:
hello
you can bisect some tennis balls and put them under your subs, it works fine against the deep bass vibes

but i think P´s dont´love loud music
[snapback]845371[/snapback]​
That's good advice

It's not the sounds itself that really bothers the fish (except low tones), but rather it's the pressure waves that travel through the floor that the fish pick up through their lateral line. Low frequency sound waves are also picked up that way.
It's a defense mechanism of fish (pressure waves reaching the sensors in the lateral line trigger unvoluntary muscle contractions, because of which a fish will move to avoid a predator) - too much stimulation, for example caused by loud music, can cause lots of stress to fish. Not necessarily, but it can happen, so best try it out shortly and see how loud music affects your fish: if they become (and remain) nervous, it's up to you to decide what's more important to you: loud music or your fish's well-being.

· Registered
813 Posts
you wouldnt need car amps to power the subs, they are basically just big ass speakers. household amps are fine, the more powerful the better though obviously as you will get better results. also try to get a household amp which has sub woofer controls or you will get everything through the subs and not just the bass (you will get all singing etc which you dont really want in your car boot but you might want at home?)

got 2 subs wired up at home in a home made speaker box which just runs bass only and another 4 speakers which run everything (singing/music/bass)

hope this makes sense.

· Registered
616 Posts
apaap said:
You can test it, if you take a bath with the loud music on. Then stick your head under water, and find out how you like it...

[snapback]845348[/snapback]​
Ya good ideal !!!! Or just put your head in the tank

· Registered
104 Posts
well ive been playing loud music ever since ive got them.... the dont seem to mind.... i am gonna try the tub thing!!! as its probably close to the same distance away as the tank...

My floor subs are self powered... the tower speakers have amps on each set... the top two are running off the power amp i have sitting in the middle shelf... and the bottom two towers are running off my home teather amp!!!! YAMAHA AMPS RULE!!! True power output!!! I can yell as loud as i can and not even hear myself!!! I love playing concert DVDS... My fav is the red hot chilli peppers dvd live at slain castle. Listening to a live concert with my stereo and a 130 inch tv makes it the closest thing to real life... you can hear every single instrument so nicely... its absulutely amazing....

I love my bass to tho!!! Nothing like a good Method man song... or that new chiny song balla!!! :D

· Registered
813 Posts
bass head like me then!!! love the loud music!!! cant be loud enough as far as im concerned. no doubt i am damaging the hell out of my hearing though!! my girlfriend always tells me im playing the music to loud in the car but yet when she borrows it and i get in after her and start the car up the stereo is really loud...because she was blasting the stereo aswel!!! another example that its not ok for you but its ok for her!!

· Registered
222 Posts
Well my Ps seem to change their swimming behavior when I put on my system and also become kinda skittish. So I keep it to a minimum. I love loud music as much as the next guy especially if it's Guns & Roses or JayZ, but my Ps come first. Besides I can do that with my car system.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.