Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came home from my buddys place tonight and went to feed my fish and my buddy noticed one of my reds dead on the bottom of the tank. He was ripped to pieces and only his head left. I was just wondering what may have made them do this. He was the smallest of them but not by more than half an inch. any insight would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
maby he was sick and the others noticed it and attacked him.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the thing is they all looked healthy this morning when I was watching them. I knew I would lose one but i figured it would have been when they were like 2-4 inches not when they were 5 +

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the thing is I havn't done anything different with them since I moved them into the new tank about 2 months ago.

I'm just pissed off cause I was real happy with the 4 of them the have been growing alot and getting along great.

·
Danger Davo
788 Posts
thetyeman said:
the thing is I havn't done anything different with them since I moved them into the new tank about 2 months ago.

I'm just pissed off cause I was real happy with the 4 of them the have been growing alot and getting along great.
[snapback]887367[/snapback]​
Don't kick your self mate. Canibalism is very common in htese fish. specially when they are young.

too bad you lost one. I could well imagine how ticked off you are

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
How many do you have and what size tank? As a P owner, you should always expect the unexpected. Deaths will occur most of the time, which is unpreventable and something you'll have no power against.
Also, your little monsters are in the stage where they're most active and will fight for dominance in the tank.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
sucks,
our little killers are just, "that" and most important is they are unpredictable...such is the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
213 Posts
same thing happened to me....had 4 rpbs...and suddenly..there is only a head and one eye left of my smallest piranha.....sorry anout your loss dude...

Eden

1 - 13 of 13 Posts