Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
1,126 Posts
Yesterday I notice my 13" rhom swimming side ways. So I check my water for pH (7.0), amonia( 0ppm), nitrite(0ppm) and nitrate(15 ppm). Everything looks fine. So I need a water change about 20% and notice a white cotton spot and red mark like they there bruses. So I call my local petshop and suggested to add some peneciline. cause it look like an enfection. I dont understand why it got sick and die......

I feed my rhom and my pygos only the best food I could get.

I just wanted to Thanks my local Pet shop and Mr. Wilson for there effort for trying to safe my best P............

I will be posting pictures later when I get home.

· Peace....Through Superior Firepower
10,552 Posts
Noe said:
Yesterday I notice my 13" rhom swimming side ways. So I check my water for pH (7.0), amonia( 0ppm), nitrite(0ppm) and nitrate(15 ppm). Everything looks fine. So I need a water change about 20% and notice a white cotton spot and red mark like they there bruses. So I call my local petshop and suggested to add some peneciline. cause it look like an enfection. I dont understand why it got sick and die......

I feed my rhom and my pygos only the best food I could get.

I just wanted to Thanks my local Pet shop and Mr. Wilson for there effort for trying to safe my best P............

I will be posting pictures later when I get home.
[snapback]826622[/snapback]​
Dam

· Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
traumatic said:
DOH! that sucks ass, you had a great looking p man!

I know you said you feed it the best food, but did you feed it any feeders at all?
[snapback]826636[/snapback]​
I use to feed him pure beef no fat on it , shrimp, catfish fillets, skinless chicken breast, beefheart no fat on it.

feeders once every 2 or 3 weeks........but I quantine them for 3 week first in a separate tank.

· Registered
162 Posts
Sorry about your loss. Not trying to be an ass or anything but do you think that 40g tank had anything to do about the death of him? My 40g is only 15Hx12Dx48W that 13.5 rhom seemed to be pretty cramped. How long did you have him?

· Registered
920 Posts
BIGBLOCC 455 said:
Sorry about your loss. Not trying to be an ass or anything but do you think that 40g tank had anything to do about the death of him? My 40g is only 15Hx12Dx48W that 13.5 rhom seemed to be pretty cramped. How long did you have him?
[snapback]826663[/snapback]​
ya i agree it does seem a little cramped, i mean he was as long as a little more than a quater of the tank.
o and sorry for your loss ive always wanted a big rhom......instead ive only had little to medium

· Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BIGBLOCC 455 said:
[snapback]826663[/snapback]​
my 13" rhom was in a 80 gallons glass tank ...........

in my signature it was a mis print .....sorry about that.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.