Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been trying to keep them on a variety diet which include smelt which also means messy because they spit out a lot. Im looking for some fish that well eat leftover or bottom scavengers that wont hurt harasse my ray. I've been thinking about a loach but it doesnt look nice in my tank. Cory cats is also another alternative but im thinking with all that spiny dorsal fins and jagged exo shell they have them might kill my ray if they ever decides to eat it. My eartheaters are currently the only fish i have in the tank and they seem to do an okay job. Im wondering what else would be nice. Note: im planning to add FRTs in there would they do the trick?

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Botia otherwise known as a clown loach?

Crayfish will attack my rays causing them too much stress which may lead to death

Syndontis was a idea of mine but most are nocturnal or semi agressive.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
well clown loaches are a Botia species - but there are many others

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
seems out of place in my tank scene you know. I dont know how to explain i always taken botias are community tank fish with all them tetras and such.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
well get some large ones then

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They look weird man! hahaha i dont know how to explain, if i cant fid anything then i will try otherwise i would like to stay off them. =(

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
well how about an eel?

it wont eat the waste, but it will look great

also Gourami's?
loads of livebearers? - may get eaten?!?!?!?!
ghost shrimp? - may get eaten?!?!?!?!?!
more cichlids?
plecos?
other catfish?

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
pictus cats and synodontis cats are what I would go with

I don't understand why you think synodonitises would harass your rays; they are only aggressive towards things that can fit in their mouth, though they get a bit territorial but its still not a big issue

1 - 11 of 11 Posts