Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I am seriously thinking about selling 2 of my pygos due to the increased aggression in my tank, which I believe is being caused by having it overstocked. Just when I think they are getting along, I Come home last night and had another cariba with a bite on his face.
My current setup is a 125 with 4 cariba, 2 wild reds, 2 yellow natts and 1 piraya. If I sell 2, which do you think I should sell? There are 3 fish I will not sell and those are my smallest red (because he is just a great little fish), my largest yellow natt (because I think he has the potential to get huge), and the piraya (just because).

My thought is…..2 cariba, 1 cariba and one yellow natt, or 1 cariba and one red.

What are your thoughts?

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
You need to low the temp and wait...don´t worry...don´t hurry!

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
lower you temp..might make them mellow out..and if you HAVE to sell them a red and caribe..keep the terns harder to come by

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
start feeding them more plant foods as well this may also help them to be less aggresive towards each other as well.
and lets not forget to add some dithers in the tank as well

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know lowering the temp may ease some of the aggression, but that is not what I want to do. I want 7 pygos in my tank, 9 just looks too cramped, and I am looking for which 7 to keep.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I say sell the most common Ps.. your Reds. Alot of folks can own RBs, but not of the other species. Other than that, keep one wild red and one Natt so you can have at least one of the reds.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SnowCichlid said:
start feeding them more plant foods as well this may also help them to be less aggresive towards each other as well.
I have not heard of this Snow, my guys are always on a meat diet. What types of plants do you suggest and how do you go about feeding?

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Sell the 2 reds or 1 red 1 yellow natt.!

This way you have at least 1 of each one!

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am going to keep one of each. I dont know why people are so down on reds, I like mine. My little red is my favorite pygo.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you change your mind about the piraya, pm me. I agree with you, though. I have a 125 with 6 pygos ranging from 5-9 inches. I am going to add 1 more (piraya) for 7, but when I look at the tank I wouldn't want to have any more than that. Good luck with a tough decision.

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
I think one red and one yellow natt.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am starting to think I will sell 2 cariba. That would leave me with 2 reds, 2 cariba, 2 yellow natts, and 1 piraya. That is starting to sounds like a nice combination.

What do you guys think?

·
18,487 Posts
How big are your Caribas? And if you do plan on selling them, would you ship??

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RhomZilla said:
they are between 5" and 7" but I do not want to ship, I would as a last resort but I would rather not.

·
18,487 Posts
grosse gurke said:
RhomZilla said:
they are between 5" and 7" but I do not want to ship, I would as a last resort but I would rather not.
Man, no one ever wants to ship..

I dunt blame you though, Grosse. I wouldn't risk it either.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RhomZilla said:
grosse gurke said:
RhomZilla said:

where are you located?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hey grosse gurke, im in the milwaukee area, and ill happily take that smaller 5 inch caribe off your hands. I'll pm ya.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
I would sell 2 of the cariba so you have a nice amount of all of the p's if you do decide to sell.

·
18,487 Posts
grosse gurke said:
RhomZilla said:
grosse gurke said:
RhomZilla said:

where are you located?
Im in the Bay Area.. SF

So hard to find Caribas here..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts