Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
I would say that you might get away with all of them in that tank for life, but you might want to downsize one Pygo so that it would give them all some room and make them happier.
~Taylor~

·
Wavy
12,078 Posts
keep em all...if it gets REALLY crowded then get rid of one of em..you got a nice collection of pygos...be a shame to get rid of one.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it would Be Bad, I lost 2 to aggression this year and had to buy new guys

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
each group of pygos is different but I had 4 9" reds in a 75 gal and it was very crowded. I have heard that Caribe and Terns are more territorial so you may run into some problems.

Just be sure you are testing your nitrates as 4 medium size pygos will put a strain on the bio-load of the tank.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I am getting a 240 for my college grad present
Well, dag. If you're getting a 240g, what's the debate? Look at my signature... now, how about a deal on that 75 for me? lol.

In reference to your situation - if you have to wait more than a year for that 240 (not knowing when you would graduate), you may want to separate one into a smaller tank for the short term... Maybe put the tern in a 40 - 45 by himself until you can reunite them in the 240. My boy has a 240 and that is a sick sized tank. You may want to just get a whole new shoal of 10 or 12 for that.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I like NJKILLSYOU idea. But I think they would be fine for life in the 75gal. Good luck

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
how long until you het that 240? And were your super reds the reticulated pygo's? Do you know the collection point of them?

·
Registered
8,417 Posts
upgrade then they have more space you have more places for decorations etc to do what you want
sell the 75 and buu a 125 then sell that when you want to buy a 240 or keep them all and just buy more

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I had 4 in a 75 from 5 -6.5 keep them well fed and watch them if they get to agressive then try switching deco but u should be ok for awhile.. but they will LOVE that 240 ! i wish i could get one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts