Piranhas Forum banner

Lookin for Opinions

651 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  piranha45 
#1 ·
Hey Fellas,

I just started cycling a new 55g and i am looking to get a really intolerant and aggressive fish. I have some rb's but i rather get rid of them and have a solitary fish. In your opinions should i go for a Rhom or a snakehead? Or are there any other mean fish that you may know of? Any and all opinions are appreciated, thanks.

#3 ·
its a shame you got a 55g; had you gotten a 75g instead, MANY more species would have been available to you.

Snakeheads aren't really one of your options, unless your prepared to settle with the relatively nonaggressive Gachua... though there might be some other slightly-bigger specimens around, if so im not familiar with them. Here's the premier snakehead website: http://www.snakeheads.org/contents.html

As it is, I would recommend an Istlanum or an ornamental Flowerhorn. If you want to know more about FHs, go look up the "Saved Topics" mini forum at the top of this forum and look them up.

Istlanum are a 8" incredibly wicked little cichlid, notorious for destroying tankmates much larger than themselves. Jeff rapps and some other breeders sell them; you wont find em in a petshop. Ripping off GTS's istlanum pic for your viewing convenience...

of course, you can also shoot for an Elongatus, Spilopleura or smaller Rhombeus as well...

#6 ·
if your gunna get a big tank you could get a large catfish like a Tiger Shovelnose catfish (look in the non-piranha videos forum
), also we have another TSN vid posted in another TSN thread I saw it today in this forum
or a Redtail catfish - see this weeks fish of the week.

or you could get an arowana

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.