Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is finally here!!

Myself and Jerry Walls just completed a complete re-do on one of TFH's piranha books, The Guide to Owning Piranhas" and I got back the lasers today for final taxonomical checks. They are now very accurate. It is still a very basic book regarding husbandry and such but it now has all of those annoyingly wrong photos corrected! I hope you all will enjoy it when it hits the shelves in a couple months!!

I'll put my head on the chopping block regarding taxonomy as I am sure their will be disagreements!

Best regards,

Brian M. Scott
TFH Publications Inc.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
sweet let me know where to get it

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, you want Jerry and I to sign it for you too??

lol

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
B. Scott said:
ok, you want Jerry and I to sign it for you too??

lol

sweet
...autographed...i will frame it ...

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Great! Looking forward to it. It's been too long since Shleser's book.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Frank,
why didn't you mention the other one of TFH's book?

That is the one I revised.

"The Guide to Owning Piranhas" RE-614

Is my work not good enough for you?

Just Kidding!!!

I hope you like it!!

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
B. Scott Posted on Jun 13 2003, 10:41 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frank,
why didn't you mention the other one of TFH's book?

That is the one I revised.

"The Guide to Owning Piranhas" RE-614

Is my work not good enough for you?

Just Kidding!!!

I hope you like it!!
I spend my money wisely, besides I could easily tear out pages of each of those TFH books with photos, put it together and call it a new book with a different title!

Seriously though, I'm sure that book will come across my desk sooner or later (not interested in buying it). But when it does I'll scrutinize it closely. Perhaps it will be the next best one out there or just another well made copy LOL. j/k

I'm sure you and your co-writer put some work into it. Time will tell how well it weathers.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Frank,
AAHH the infamous joke regarding TFH and their amazing ability to spawn books from other books!! Times have changed my friend. You'll see. Certainly you will find many things to point out, scrutinize, and correct me on my taxonomy, its your nature. You are my checks and balances ya know. I will look forward to sending you my PH D dissertaion for revisional work!! :smile:

I already have one with your name on it. Please understand though that I nor the well respected Mr. Jerry Walls wrote the manuscript. Mr. Walls and myself only edited it with me doing the strict taxonomy. I have bigger and better plans for my work. I would not waste my time or energy producing a basic book such as this. Surely you can understand that. No need to "waste your money" on another TFH book as I said, I have one for you!!

The books will retail for about $10.00 each. You will have to add whatever the exchange is ant that time for Canadians. The book will be availabe in 16 countries in about 7 languages.

I hope you all like it!!

It is by no means a masterpiece but it is surely the most accurate, up-to-date book on the subject, well, for now

Thanks all!!

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Congrats...make it available through the P-fury store!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts