Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
agree with you there that fish was probably 6 years old a 4 " loool......................too much crap ass feeders

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
guys im not tryin to pick a fight or nothing at all. i take everything you guys have to say seriously. but about feeders you guys say they stunt growth and not very nice color. well ive always fed my piranhas feeders and when i posted pics of my caribe, everyone had somthing nice to say about there color
. and when i had all my baby reds geez they must have grown 3 inchs in a month and a bit all with feeders. so maybe its diffrent for everyone but all this stuff about feeders hasent been true for me. infact i dont think ive seen a caribe with nicer color
but like i said im not pickin bones feeders have just never been a proublem for me besides the $$ for em.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
was that a tern. it looked nice other then the 20 Goldfish swimming around and the tank size.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I understand the use of feeders (irregularly feed my piranhas conditioned feeder fish) but that vidio takes the mic. I am very supprised at his ok water quality as goldfish poo alot!

Poor red belly...

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
guys im not tryin to pick a fight or nothing at all. i take everything you guys have to say seriously. but about feeders you guys say they stunt growth and not very nice color. well ive always fed my piranhas feeders and when i posted pics of my caribe, everyone had somthing nice to say about there color :laugh: . and when i had all my baby reds geez they must have grown 3 inchs in a month and a bit all with feeders. so maybe its diffrent for everyone but all this stuff about feeders hasent been true for me. infact i dont think ive seen a caribe with nicer color
but like i said im not pickin bones feeders have just never been a proublem for me besides the $$ for em.
a span of a few months will not show signs of the stunted growth....keep doing as ur doing and wait out a year or so...and then come tell me that the goldfish didnt stunt ur fish's growth

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,514 Posts
wow thats just asking for disease and poor growth

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Bummer.

·
Registered
272 Posts
what if he wants to keep his p small, so he doesnt have to upgrade his tank? Maybe small is not so bad? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

disease is another story

·
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what if he wants to keep his p small, so he doesnt have to upgrade his tank? Maybe small is not so bad? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

disease is another story
i do believe that stunting not only causes visible growth problems but i think there are also internal problems that occur as well, from what ive read in the past...who knows...

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
dawgz i have feed piranhas feeders for over a year and actually my first red belly ever got him at an 1" and i got him up to 8" within a year and i only had him in a 35gal.

·
5,336 Posts
dawgz i have feed piranhas feeders for over a year and actually my first red belly ever got him at an 1" and i got him up to 8" within a year and i only had him in a 35gal.
just because it works, or appears to work... doesnt mean its the best.... and thats all some people want is the best possible treatment for their "babies"... some people use whats readily available and easy for them... im not judging because once a week or so, my P's eat feeders, but thats not the only thing they eat, meerly a snack... its your decision on what you want to feed, dead, live, etc.... and nobody can tell you otherwise

·
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ur telling me, that for a year, u walked into a pet shop, got goldfish, most of which are all dead or have dropsy or some other illness and took that kinda sh*t even if it looked "good" visually, and fed it to ur piranhas?.....

I guess u got lucky.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
ur telling me, that for a year, u walked into a pet shop, got goldfish, most of which are all dead or have dropsy or some other illness and took that kinda sh*t even if it looked "good" visually, and fed it to ur piranhas?.....

I guess u got lucky.
[/quote]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts