Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my Toshiba Laptop up on ebay for sale, the thing is worth about 300 bux at most...check this email i just got

Hello i am Jon Wegner based in NORTH DAKOTA USA ,i will like to purchase this your Toshiba Satellite 1115-S103 at the rate of $800.00USD with $100.00USD for the shipping through USPS GLOBAL EXPREES MAIL(EMS) with insuarnce,i will also make the payment through (BDIAPY) AUCTION PAYMENT OR MONEY GRAM and they will also get back to you within 24hours with the confirmation/approval of the payment i will like you to shipped the gift item to my son schooling in africa,through GLOBALEXPREES MAIL as a birthday gift wish is coming up 15th DEC 2006.But you have to promissed me that as soon as you receive the confirmation/approval of the payment from BIDPAY AUCTIONPAYMENT OR MONEY GRAM you will shipped the item to my son through GLOBAL EXPREES MAIL,and you will also rceived another shippment notification for the Money Order wish you will received within 24hours,so if you agree with this you can send me your name,address,phone number and i will make the payment ASAP.

·
Breaki'n all day...
4,413 Posts
Hahaha That's funny!!

Ahhhhh man I hate scammers

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
write back and tell him. IF you wanna buy it Bid on it. Then call him a dumbass for trying to buy direct thru Ebay. And then report him for soliciting for sales outside of the auction.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I run the following website-

www.mautofied.com

Mautofied is a custom / modified car classified site. Much like autotrader, but everything is modified. Hence the name, mAUTOfied. Anyway, there are always people trying to pull these scams. The majority of them come from South Africa especially Nigeria. We finally installed an ISP block where no users from that particular country can log onto the site!

Anyway, what I have done in the past is go along with the scam and they send you a cashiers check. Double check with the bank that it is indeed fraud and the you have yourself a cool check to frame! LOL I have several framed and people always wonder why I have not cashed a $10,000 check and why it is framed!

·
Texas Justice
2,257 Posts

www.mautofied.com

Mautofied is a custom / modified car classified site. Much like autotrader, but everything is modified. Hence the name, mAUTOfied. Anyway, there are always people trying to pull these scams. The majority of them come from South Africa especially Nigeria. We finally installed an ISP block where no users from that particular country can log onto the site!

Anyway, what I have done in the past is go along with the scam and they send you a cashiers check. Double check with the bank that it is indeed fraud and the you have yourself a cool check to frame! LOL I have several framed and people always wonder why I have not cashed a $10,000 check and why it is framed!
Nigeria is not in South Africa, not even close
It is hard to try to sound informed when you are not.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Anyone notice how that message sounds exactly like 60% of the posts on here? I guess all fish websites are based in English speaking countries right?

I don't get on German forums even though I can speak a good bit to get by.

So what I'm saying is, the dude is indeed just a dipshit, I don't think he had to try hard to get his message like that.

If you want to show people you are un-educated, use an ebonics translator.
EBONIC VERSION Hello ah be Jon Wegner based in NORTH DAKOTA USA ,ah will like ta purchase dis here yo' Toshiba Satellite 1115-S103 at da rate o' $800.00USD wiff $100.00USD fo' da shipping through USPS GLOBAL EXPREES MAIL(EMS) wiff insuarnce,ah will also make da payment through (BDIAPY) AUCTION PAYMENT OR MONEY GRAM an' dey will also git back ta ya within 24hours wiff da confirmation/approval o' da payment ah will like ya ta shipped da gift item ta muh ma fuckin son schooling in africa,through GLOBALEXPREES MAIL as uh berfday n' sh*t gift wish iz coming up 15th DEC 2006.But ya gots ta promissed me dat as soon as ya receive da confirmation/approval o' da payment from BIDPAY AUCTIONPAYMENT OR MONEY GRAM ya will shipped da item ta muh ma fuckin son through GLOBAL EXPREES MAIL,an' ya will also rceived another shippment notification fo' da Money Order wish ya will received within 24hours,so if ya agree wiff dis here ya can send me yo' name,address,phone number an' ah will make da payment ASAP. ya'll is mad stupid.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts

www.mautofied.com

Nigeria is not in South Africa, not even close
It is hard to try to sound informed when you are not.

[/quote]

Thats what I get for not proofreading.. I know my geography. The way it was stated it sounds exactly the way you took it. What I meant was -- The majority of these scams come from Nigeria and South Africa.

I know exactly where Nigeria is!! Nigeria is situated at the extreme inner corner of the Gulf of Guinea on the west coast of Africa. It borders with Chad to the northeast, Cameroon to the east, Benin to the west, Niger to the northwest and by the Atlantic Ocean (Gulf of Guinea) to the south.

Thanks for being a dick to me!

·
Texas Justice
2,257 Posts
None come from South Africa. All from Nigeria, England and Canada always. You keep being misinformed

Most of South Africa is fairiy prosperous, there is no noticable fraud coming from there.

I do Corporate Investigations for a 6 billion dollar bank

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
None come from South Africa. All from Nigeria, England and Canada always. You keep being misinformed

Most of South Africa is fairiy prosperous, there is no noticable fraud coming from there.

I do Corporate Investigations for a 6 billion dollar bank
Most of them come from with-in USA!

·
8,405 Posts

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
There was a really famous incident some time back involving a scam for a laptop on Ebay where the guy picked it for a scam and scammed the other guy back. Got people involved globally through a website. It was really slick... I can't find the link to the story right now but it was fantastic and I can't believe they pulled it off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts