Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Aquarium Ninja
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:laugh: i recently just brought in a huge ass pleco(12.5") that didnt get killed into my lfs...they gave me $7.50 instore credit and i bought some stress zyme that i had to pay another $1 ontop cause it was too much

#1.for my pleco i got some stress zyme

#2 my lfs fu&*ed me over by selling it for $30.....and all i got was some louzy stress coat

lfs why have you forsaken me

anyone else got screwed over by their lfs

by selling them bad fish,broken merchandise,ETC.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I havnt been ripped off so far, usually I just flirt with the girl that waits on me and she usually gives me about 4 dozen goldfish instead of 2. Then when I get to the checkout, they always ask me "how many is in here" I say "two dozen" they look at me like im crazy.

·
Registered
232 Posts
NTcaribe said:
:laugh: i recently just brought in a huge ass pleco(12.5") that didnt get killed into my lfs...they gave me $7.50 instore credit and i bought some stress zyme that i had to pay another $1 ontop cause it was too much

#1.for my pleco i got some stress zyme

#2 my lfs fu&*ed me over by selling it for $30.....and all i got was some louzy stress coat

lfs why have you forsaken me

anyone else got screwed over by their lfs

by selling them bad fish,broken merchandise,ETC.
[snapback]926760[/snapback]​
They did get you pretty good, we give what we would pay through our distributor and sell it accordingly....we sell 12" ones for about the same price so you would certainly gotten more, bout twice what they gave you.

·
Registered
232 Posts
cmsCheerFish said:
gotta make money dude, you think they would give credit for them not benefiting substantially?
[snapback]927129[/snapback]​
A 400% turnover is financial rape in my book on anything common - semi-rare or even highly seasonal....

A double-double an 1/2 markup is the norm for the places ive worked for. I always think that CR anything should be more as it is more likley to live than WC if it was properly cared for, but all credit/trade ins are circumstantial....even with that said, and all things in my mind considered thats getting over on someone.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Even if this was a matter of screwing over, the LFS didn't screw you over - you let the LFS screw you over: you accepted the stress zyme deal - whatever they did afterwards with your pleco has nothing to do with you, certainly not screwing you over.
And selling fish from fish keepers and then selling it with profit is common practice: just about any LFS does that (and why not? It's a business), so you could have known.

So I don't see any justification for complaints...

·
8,410 Posts
Stores never really give you much I have found. I traded in a dozen exodons for $30. and felt a bit ripped off, but as everyone has pointed out, it is a Buiseness. I also get deals on other needs depending on where I go and who is working.

·
Aquarium Ninja
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Judazzz said:
Even if this was a matter of screwing over, the LFS didn't screw you over - you let the LFS screw you over: you accepted the stress zyme deal - whatever they did afterwards with your pleco has nothing to do with you, certainly not screwing you over.
And selling fish from fish keepers and then selling it with profit is common practice: just about any LFS does that (and why not? It's a business), so you could have known.

So I don't see any justification for complaints...

[snapback]927396[/snapback]​
you got me on that one...ive try'd it before and they said that what it only "worth" so i said screw it

this wasnt the last time......

but yes the store did make money........30 bucks and they gave me 7.50
atleast they could of gave me 10

i need a big als up here instead of this place

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
From now on instead of going to a middleman (your LFS) you could try selling it to someone directly and keep all of the money yourself.

I do understand however, that it is really annoying when people take your stuff and sell it for a ton more than they gave you for it.

·
Aquarium Ninja
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Phtstrat said:
From now on instead of going to a middleman (your LFS) you could try selling it to someone directly and keep all of the money yourself.

I do understand however, that it is really annoying when people take your stuff and sell it for a ton more than they gave you for it.
[snapback]927426[/snapback]​
nut how many peple get excited over a pleco

how would you feel if i were to sell you my big rhom for 30??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts