Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I know lobster is an expensive option but is it a good idea to feed it to them? I fed them this in hopes that they would eat more. I raised them on feeder fish which was a bad idea but that's what they wanted so I let them have it. Anyway, I am trying to wean them off and they barely want to eat. I seemed to have had some luck with the lobster. It's really not even that expensive if you get the canning ones on sale. One will last a couple of weeks.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
i would think it would be great for them but never heard of anyone doing it good christmas present for fish though

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hi,

I know lobster is an expensive option but is it a good idea to feed it to them? I fed them this in hopes that they would eat more. I raised them on feeder fish which was a bad idea but that's what they wanted so I let them have it. Anyway, I am trying to wean them off and they barely want to eat. I seemed to have had some luck with the lobster. It's really not even that expensive if you get the canning ones on sale. One will last a couple of weeks.

Thanks
:welcome:
Lol...when you start buying them live whole lobsters for feedings, send a few my way.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Yup, no problem with it, though no matter how cheap you find it, I would still think you could find frozen shrimp cheaper, and my fish all seem to love smelt for some reason.

As for them not wanting to eat much else, if all you offer them is other foods eventually they will start to eat it, very few fish will starve themselves to death. Just dont go back to feeder fish now that you realize they really arent helping your fish at all.

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
My ex used to accuse me of caring more for my piranhas than I did her.
I can just see the look on her face if I fed them lobster!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts