Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i forgot to ask this? is it possible i could try and put a crustacean in my 55 along with my oscar i really need something to help my pleco to keep the bottom of the tank clean damn shrimp dont last long.Can this be done or is it one of them trials of error? any input will be greatly appreciated

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Get a lobster from supermarket and thow in there. J/K get the biggest one you can get. Oscars are very oppertunistic on getting food. My oscar whould suck the snails out of the shell.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Raptor said:
Get a lobster from supermarket and thow in there. J/K get the biggest one you can get. Oscars are very oppertunistic on getting food. My oscar whould suck the snails out of the shell.
haha..mine would do the same thing.or it would just suck the shell into his mouth and crush it

·
Registered
219 Posts
ive never had oscars, but i always thought they were less likely to kill anything that got in the tank. Ive got a small crayfish (electric blue lobster) in with my red bellied piranas, and hes doing just fine. At first the piranas were curious they went and bit him a couple times, but he fought them off, and now the piranas just annoy him, but they dont get very far. the crayfish sure does fight back. Im sure if i dont feed my piranas enough, or later on when they get bigger they will deffenitely go after him, but for now they leave him alone. but i also have a pretty badass lobster, he messed up the other lobster it was with nicely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.