Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my piranha are still small all under 2 inch

my lfs sells blach kohli loaches for 1.99
cheap maybe the cost of two feeders tehre.

i was thinking if i built them up some nice hiding places to put a few in the tnak and hope tey make it

these guys are mean and eat a lot and arnt shy to do so in front of me

i put in about 5 1 inch feeders every other day. within 30 minutes 3 of them are gone.
they eat the next two over the next day or so
then i do it again

lucky i get feeders for like 10 cents huh? lol
does anyone here think the loaches may stand a chance? i have a few in with some guppys they move pretty quick..

im hoping tey will keep the bottom a bit cleaner

any thoughts? thanks

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i had a loach in with my p's for a while but did not see it much and found it one day stiff as a board on the gravel i think it died of shock and fear as when it did venture out it was chased constantly.
dixon

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
the loaches won't last long

I'd suggest if you're looking for something that might last a raphael...I'm surprised mine is still kicking around.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I had 4 Bronze Catfish last 3 months with my piranhas when they were 3 inches. The only reason the Catfish died was because I hadn't fed my piranhas for a while and I guess they got hungry for catfish meat.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i had a spotted loach in my p tank, on day 2 it was like lady and the tramp. they slurped his ass up.

For clean up im using clawed craps, they work great.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
i have a loach in my tank, no problems. but i do have lots of plants, driftwood and rocks. the reds dont pay any attention to the loach anyways.

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
JesseD said:
ezkilla13 said:
it would be toast try chinese algae eaters i have them in with my spilo CF and they are doing fine!!
dont those chinese algae eaters get huge??
If you wanna call 6-7 inches huge.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Serrapygo said:
JesseD said:
ezkilla13 said:
it would be toast try chinese algae eaters i have them in with my spilo CF and they are doing fine!!
dont those chinese algae eaters get huge??
If you wanna call 6-7 inches huge.
yea i guess not.

i thought that they got bigger. maybe i was just thinking that they got huge because i have only saw them like 2-3 inches.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts