Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im starting a new tank and I am planning to using all live plants to decorate, my question is how many hours of light per day all of you use to keep that play alive and well. I am looking in the amazon swords to start with.

My tank hardly gets any natural sunlight so it would be a matter of how much time a day my tank light is turned on.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I use 12hrs on and 12 off with a light timer, my swords do well, my advice is to mix your plants up some, it will make for a nicer looking tank, stay away from bunched plants if you are keeping a shoal of pygos in that tank, they WILL NOT STAY ROOTED, that is unless they are babies

·
Registered
711 Posts
a related question i have is does the type of light matter? do you specifically need the flourescent grow lights or will regular flourescent lights work? or incandescent for that matter?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
plants will still grow with incadesent but it is not as efficient as mentioned.
amazon swords are a fairly eassy plant to care for and are cheap to purchase as well. And if given some time will root realy well within your subtrae

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.