Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never kept live plants before. I know a little about them. What lighting conditions and such are needed for lilly pads? Are lilly pads the best way to go or is there another plants that works better? I want something to dim the light and oxygenate the tank.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I have alot of sucsess with amazon swords, and annubis species plants, I was think about lily pads too at one time, then I cannot remember what made me decide no to, do a search on google for graden ponds there should be alot on lily pads

·
Registered
458 Posts
I am going to buy some fake lilly pads to block some light. Post anything you find on live lillies because I would rather go that way.

-Kevin-

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
What I do is buy £5 worth of fish random plants form my local fish shop, and when they have died, or look nasty, I get some more.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
oh I remember what made me not get them, they have a long thin stock that I felt my Ps would tear and bite through in no time, maybe if you had a single serra in tank it would work, I just dont feel it would last in a multi pygo tank

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
any type of large plant should do fine ...and many people find great amounts of success with amazon swords for your P's ... plust this is a really cheap plant to obtain as well ... does not require any special conditions either ... just ocasionally may become uprooted if extreme activitiies are being held near the plant

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
water lettuce floats and doesnt have roots like a lily pad would, the do have roots they just dont get into soil, it is fairly cheap stuff too, the only place I can tell you where to find it is at, www.petswarehouse.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.